• Investor
  • Upper Michigan
Votes |
How to propose seller financing

Austin Fogt
  • Investor
  • Upper Michigan
Posted Dec 15 2015, 20:25

Hello BP, I am currently working on a deal two buy two properties from the same seller. I asked the sellers agent if the seller would be interested in discussing seller financing for the property and he said they would, but assumed I was talking about a land contract situation, which I am not.

My question is: how have people physically proposed to the seller and their agent the idea of a seller financed deal?

In my head I send my offer and terms in the same written letter, along with an explanation of the benefits of a seller financed deal for the seller, and the buyer. This along with my plans for the property as far as renovations and rents expected in a nicely written more people oriented paper than a legal document.

Am I on the right track here, or totally off base? This will be my first time doing this, and don't want to torpedo my opportunity by breaking protocol so to speak; so if anyone has advice or would like to share their proposal (numbers not important) via PM that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Austin

Loading replies...