• Interior Decorator
  • Oak Creek, CO
Votes |
Turnkey rentals

Lori Beard
  • Interior Decorator
  • Oak Creek, CO
Posted Feb 25 2016, 15:46

It's been a while since I have been on BP. Last time I posted I got a lot of good feedback, and have put it to good use. We have increased the number of our rental properties from 5 to 8 over the last year using our self-directed IRA. It's been a good experience so far. We still have properties in Colorado, Florida, and Missouri. We are now considering selling one of our properties in Colorado where we have had really good appreciation, and want to buy another property with a little better return somewhere else. We are considering a turnkey operation to help us find another property. We started looking into this a little last June, but ended buying more rental properties on our own instead. It's a little daunting to think about putting a lot of faith and $$$ into someone else's hands. Does anyone have any experience with purchasing a turnkey rental... i.e., condition of the property, good locations, renters, property managers, ROI vs. higher cost of property, long term returns, reputable turnkey companies, etc.?

I'd really appreciate your input!

Loading replies...