• Birmingham, AL
Votes |
Birmingham B+, B and C

Jay Baxter
  • Investor
  • Birmingham, AL
Posted May 20 2016, 16:59

Hello Birmingham investors,

I'm a newbie trying to learn my local areas better before I purchase my first investment property, and had questions for Birmingham investors, contractors, PMs and Realtors.  I'd like to eventually own a mix of cash flow and cash flow with appreciation potential properties in B+, B and possibly C neighborhoods.  Based on what I've learned so far, I think the...  

• Birmingham cash flow with appreciation potential (B and B+) neighborhoods with strong opportunities for investors (loosely ranked) are Pinson, Gardendale, Trussvile, parts of Hoover, Leeds and Crestwood.  
  • The purely cash flow (B- and C) opportunities are Center Point, Roebuck, Hueytown and parts of Hoover.  
  • The areas where I'd love to get lucky for appreciation purposes if I could find a great deal are Vestavia and Homewood (A and B+ areas).  

Is this a reasonable assessment of the Birmingham metro RE investment landscape?  

Also, I would love any advice anyone is willing to share regarding talented and dependable local contractors, buyers agents that work with investors, or property managers. 

Thank you for your help!!!

Jay

Loading replies...