Listed realtor of property is a joke

7 Replies

Looking to buy a  duplex with a commercial property and a 2 bedroom unit .. The seller have had this property listed for 1year and 1/2 started at 258 they reduce aBout 6 months ago to 190 I lowballed them

At 140 they felt offended counter offered at 170 I said ok  made sense for me .. then when the realtor became aware I had my own realtor he says the people pushed back and want 180 I said ok now he says they want 188 and they considering going up to 200 ( huh)  I'm considering walking away from the deal I wanted the property to open a restaurant  but this realtor is becoming difficult and he is a joke 

I assume because you agreed to pay more when they said they wanted more, they're trying to squeeze as much as possible out. If they countered at 170 and now want more, stick with your original low ball offer and see how long it takes for them to come back down to 170.

So he's a joke because he is doing what his client tells him to do and not the person on the opposite side of the deal? Sounds more like you don't understand the concept of agency.

Russell Brazil, Real Estate Agent in Maryland (#648402), Virginia (#0225219736), District of Columbia (#SP98375353), and Massachusetts (#9​0​5​2​3​4​6)
(301) 893-4635

@Samantha Klein same thing i figure but I really think the realtor is really trying to make a bigger commission  @David Lichtenstadter it makes sense but makes way better sense @ 170  we are pushing it to 180 and will be further pushing it to 188 .. @Russell Brazil  if it's in the best instrest of the seller understandable it seems it is in the best insterest of himself and his commission . 

Originally posted by @Lisandro Garcia :

@Samantha Klein same thing i figure but I really think the realtor is really trying to make a bigger commission  @David Lichtenstadter it makes sense but makes way better sense @ 170  we are pushing it to 180 and will be further pushing it to 188 .. @Russell Brazil  if it's in the best instrest of the seller understandable it seems it is in the best insterest of himself and his commission . 

Yeach I'm sure he's holding up the deal to try to squeeze out that extra 175 bucks into his pocket. Thats certainly enough money to put at risk a guaranteed payday. That is roughly how much more he will put in his pocket by getting that price up the additional $18k.

Russell Brazil, Real Estate Agent in Maryland (#648402), Virginia (#0225219736), District of Columbia (#SP98375353), and Massachusetts (#9​0​5​2​3​4​6)
(301) 893-4635

How about getting your offer accepted in writing?

@Lisandro Garcia   that's a very naïve statement that the agent is trying to raise the price to get a higher commission for himself.. I have been brokering property for 42 years and have owned multiple agencies with hundreds of agents working for me.. this simply is not the case.. The agent risk losing out completely on a 1.5 year listing and making nothing if you walk.. or he convinces the seller to raise the price 8K  and he splits commission so 6% of 8K is how much... 480 bucks split in half with other agent so he jerks you around to make another 240 dollar of which he probably has a split with his broker..   Or he trys to save the deal and make 3% of 180k 5400.... or he gets nothing because your pissed and walk. and from the sounds of it   on top of it unique property your probably the best bet for it..  so don't blame the other agent this is not the facts.. I am 100% sure this coming from the seller and you are shooting the messenger..  so many folks like you simply do not understand and or bother to really do the math.. and then throw brokers under the bus.. LOL.. but I hope it works out for you  Resturant bizz is a tough one for sure.. but can be rewarding in the right location.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.