Can't find property owner in Houston

5 Replies

I have an interest in a property near my home it's been vacant for over a year. Today I went to take a look at it to get a better understanding of the condition, now that I've seen it I want to make an offer. I have searched the web and every appraisal website, county clerk, tax website and on most of the sites the address doesn't even pull up it's like its a ghost address....how do you find the owner in Houston, Texas?

typically hcad.org

many times har.com/redfin.com/zillow.com will have some of the information. 

or just a simple google search.  send me the address i'll see if i can assist you in locating some information on the property.

Lataya each County has their appraisal website just make sure you are looking in the correct one. I personally use it very often for harris, brazorio, etc and its fairly accurate.

hope you find what you are looking for. 

Nick

@Lataya Spikes I use hcad.org, but in my case it shows the same address for the owner as the property addres. So, in that case I'm reaching out to neighbors for contact detail.

Hi @Lataya Spikes in a case such as this the taxes are probably delinquent so I would be watching the tax sales list to see if it comes up.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.