Eviction Lists in Washington State

7 Replies

Hello BP,

Does anyone know if it is possible to get a list of scheduled or recent evictions? I called the recorders office and the clerk told me that I can look it up online by name. When I asked her if I could look at all the records without specific names she said no. 

Does anyone know of a work around?

Thanks,

Pete

interested in this as well!

@Blake King and anyone else monitoring the thread!

Update: I went to the Municipal Court office in Renton on lunch and they told me that Evictions are civil court cases and handled at Superior Court offices. I will try and head down there this evening before they close. Otherwise I will head down there tomorrow during lunch and see what I can find. 

I was told over the phone that I needed to know either: (A) Case number or (B) Name of the person being evicted. The King County Sheriff's office said that Evictions are Public record. I will update as I get more information after visiting the Superior Court Office.

Thanks for the update! Excited to hear how it goes.

@Pete Perez i was told same thing from Whatcom County.  When i went to superior court i was told they are arranged/ordered based on case number, not address or name.  Plus, to get any info I had to ask for the specific case number.  They would not give me anything without that piece of info.  

So yes, they are public record, but they are far from easy to get.  

@Patrick Britton @Cole Russell @Blake King

Update to anyone monitoring thread!

I went down the the King County Superior Court today. The clerk said there isn't an easy way to get the lists but they are made public. You can ask for that days list of new cases and print that list for $5. The list has all the civil cases scheduled for that day including evictions. So you have to do a bunch of leg work to sort out which cases are evictions. The information is out there, but you have to determine whether its worth your time to sort the info. 

Great info!

Thanks for sharing.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.