Found an off market property. How to make contact.

Found an off market property. How to make contact.

Investor · Cathedral City, CA · Member since 2017 · 76 posts · 25 votes

I am starting out and currently working with my agent to find my first rental deal. However, I drove by a boarded up house in a very good area today, and it has the potential to be a really lucrative flip. I looked up the owners address on the tax assessors website, but need some guidance. Is there a way for me to get a phone number and call them? Should I send a letter? And can someone give me some advice on what to say in the letter?

I never really saw myself as someone that would be driving for dollars, but I guess I just started.

0Reply
17 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • G. Brian DavisPro Member
    Investor · Hatboro, PA · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 858 votes
    9y

    Many cities have good online directories of residents as well. You can try looking up the owner's phone number based on their name and address. 

    If you send a letter, the envelope should be handwritten, so they don't toss it as junk mail. 

    As for what to say, just tell them you saw their property is boarded up and not being used, and you'd like to make them an offer on it. Emphasize that you can settle quickly.

    Best of luck!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.