First time BRRRR help

2 Replies

I am new to Bigger Pockets and new to BRRRR. I am looking at a 3bed/2br 1600 sq ft short sale property in Richmond, VA that looks to be a good deal. Asking price is $89,500. I am estimating a $20k rehab/update budget with an after-rehab value of $150k. Rent should be $1200. Running an analysis with the BP calculator shows a +$350 cash flow.

Can anyone advise to the best way to find money for this BRRRR? Is this a discussion board or a marketplace question? (I am not familiar with posting to BP.) What should I be looking at that when I am considering making my offer?

Thanks for any guidance or advice you can give a first timer.

If your numbers are correct, I believe you would be able to pull all your money back out. I recommend talking to small community banks and credit unions. Present your portfolio in a binder, complete with basic facts about your properties, before and after photos, etc. @Brandon Turner did that when refinancing his properties, I believe.

@William Lee

Hi William. I second Dan's advice about local banks. If you'd like a referral to the small business lender I work with feel free to PM me and I'll send over contact info. 

A couple of notes: when talking to the lender, you'll want to be able to back up your numbers so be prepared to show how you arrived at your after-repair value, your rehab costs, your holding cost budget, profit margin or income expectations, etc. 

Best of luck!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here