• Real Estate Investor
  • Watchung, NJ
Votes |
removing incorrect listing from auction.com

Arjav Parikh
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Watchung, NJ
Posted Nov 2 2017, 12:46

I recently purchased a mixed use building (vacant) in Newton, NJ, working on remodeling the building.  Another property two doors down went on the auction.com for sale.   

Auction.com put in incorrect property address in listing.  As a result, many investors came to my property, knocked/pushed the front door open, damaged the door and the lock, helped themselves to walk around while my contractor came back from home depot.  All investors insist that my property is on sale and they have right to inspect.  The listed agent said he is incorrectly listed.  Investors are snooping around the property, try to bully the contractor to view inside.  I got confirmation eMails from auction.com that they will look into it a few days ago.  Nothing happened.  Yesterday, someone went and posted "for sale" sign by auction.com on my door.  

Auction.com customer service is pretty bad.  They tole me that it is my responsibility to convince the trustee/attorney of the listing that they made a mistake and then request them to remove listing.   She was unable to provide any info regarding if they have any validation in place to confirm the listing details.  She didn't know if there is any governance/compliance in place.  Upon asking additional questions, she hung up the phone.  Upon explicitly asking, she denied to provide her employee id or name.

Any recommendations?  

Loading replies...