Contract to use to get FSBO under contract

3 Replies

What contract should I use to put a FSBO under contract? Preferably a 1-2 pager that won't make them feel like they are doing to much signing and possibly scare them away. If that makes sense

Originally posted by @Angdronell Durant :

What contract should I use to put a FSBO under contract? Preferably a 1-2 pager that won't make them feel like they are doing to much signing and possibly scare them away. If that makes sense

Just download TREC from the state website. I'd use a title company to close so that they don't come back later and say you tricked them. You are the one that is scared of the paperwork. They are trying to sell their house and will sign every page of a dictionary if that is what it takes. Relax, if you have a deal worked out, do it properly and protect yourself.

Originally posted by @Angdronell Durant :

I'm not a lawyer and this is not legal advice, but you can type something in Word in 2 minutes. Obviously the reason the standard contracts are longer is because it must answer all the "what if..." type questions, but quickie one-off contracts are still valid contracts.

If you don't want to go that route, I'd suggest hiring a real estate lawyer. 

The middle ground, finding a random contract online and using that, has none of the benefits of a lawyer, none of the simplicity of a one-off one-pager, but just "feels" better.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.