Nashville TN...How is this rental market?

4 Replies

Hello All!  My first post.  I am a PT investor in the Denver area and want to branch out, because Denver is CRAZY.  I have been looking in the Nashville, TN area since my wife loved it on her last visit.  Any one have experience in that area?  Looks to be alot of foreclosures.  Any idea why so many?  If there are any RE agents in the area, I would like to talk to you as well.  Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

@George Vasquez

I was in Nashville last week meeting with several investors and that market is hot! I got the feeling that it is similar to the Denver market in many ways. There are deals, but they come at a higher price point than many other markets. Also, AirBnb is smoking over there, but state regulation may reign that in, as there seems to be a powerful lobbying movement coming from the hotels.

@George Vasquez If you want to move into the Nashville market you are basically going from a Denver market to another Denver market except that you are now a flight away.

Nashville investors are paying ridiculous prices right now just to do deals. Margins are thin as the market is very competitive. Lots of out of state money bidding properties higher than they should. 

I just read an excellent article about AirBnb and Nashville from the Ringer. Not that this is the only part of the real estate market there, but it is worth the read. 

https://www.theringer.com/features/2017/11/21/16678002/airbnb-nashville

Thanks for the responses.  Not exactly what I wanted to hear...but none the less I appreciate it.  I will keep an eye on the market there and if I ante up, I will let all know my experience.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.