Why did everyone stop talking about Bitcoin?

9 Replies

People sure went silent about Bitcoin.  I wonder if it was the SEC warnings or the sudden 50% plus drop in "value". 

I think most people did not know the tulip market collapsed right after futures were introduced.  It is kind of a classic trigger for bubble collapse.

Originally posted by @Account Closed :

People sure went silent about Bitcoin.  I wonder if it was the SEC warnings or the sudden 50% plus drop in "value". 

I think most people did not know the tulip market collapsed right after futures were introduced.  It is kind of a classic trigger for bubble collapse.

You can't use Bitcoin to buy anything. It's way too volatile. China & Korea have cracked down on it. It was hacked on some $30,000,000 is missing. North Korea, the NSA and CIA are hacking it. Shall I go on?

It's not real estate and this is a real estate forum. Bitcoin is not investing, it is speculation in hopes that it keeps going up. It's not a real asset, it's digital. There was never a real reason to buy it. There are over 1000 cryptocurrencies and counting, no barriers to entry.

@Anthony Dooley   I pointed it out because there had been so many posts about it during the up swing in value and almost none once it started dropping.

People tend to have a positive reporting bias.  In other words, people are more likely to talk about when they made money instead of when they lost it.

It is important for people to remember that otherwise they get caught up in hype and miss warning signs.

Now, you listen to me! I want trading reopened right now. Get those brokers back in here! Turn those machines back on!

@Account Closed I'm holding on for the correction. As you know, what goes down, must eventually go back up, & up, & up!

I believe the saying is "what goes up must come down". 

This post has been removed.

It was only a few weeks ago that people were preaching about how it couldn’t possibly fail. Now those who still have money in may not even be able to sell what they have left. Sucks to be them. No, seriously.

Aliens, check out the YouTube video lol.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here