Votes
Henley H.
  • Jackson, WY
Votes |
Buyer Agency Agreement?

Henley H.
  • Jackson, WY
Posted Jan 28 2018, 11:48

I'm in the process of looking for a home to purchase.  I haven't found a buyer's agent I would like to commit to working with, and instead look on my own through many sources (mls, auction sites, newspaper, etc.).  If I find a home I like on the mls I just call the listing agent to set up a showing.

I'm in the process of putting an offer in on a property with the listing agent-  He drew up the contract to include a buyer's agency agreement that's valid for about 4 months.  The fellow seems fine, but the bottom line is I don't know him and don't want to tether myself to him for 4 months outside of this particular property I'm making the offer on.  If it doesn't go through, and another property in the mls captures my attention, I don't want to be beholden to this particular agent when submitting an offer.  The agent said there was no way for the agency agreement to be written so it's applicable to only this property.

How do I get around this/not have to commit to working with this person outside of this particular property?

Thanks!

Loading replies...