Buying & Selling Real Estate

User Stats

Votes
Joshua D.
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Pittsburgh, PA
Votes |
Dad said Money with No brain forget that.

Joshua D.
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Pittsburgh, PA
Posted Feb 17 2018, 09:17

So me and my dad arent very close and we went out to eat and he just retired from army couple years ago. We got to talking about finances and he told me what he makes which was $175,000 a year out of the army working for the goverment and said he has never made that in army flying helicopters. i moved around every year in high school being in 4 different high schools. Not making excuses but really had no education. Struggled trying to find my way and i think its real estate i started a trend around here with buying properties fast and rehabbing them and renting them below market value. So we were talking about finances and i said i was kind of scared with what im doing but I overthink and i know that i told him ive talked to very good real estate people and a big business accountant thats a real estate investor friend and said what ive done is amazing and would buy all my stuff with what i bought them for. So my dad made the comment to me saying money with no brains forget that. Thats the way i do feel about myself. Hes a pretty hard character and i think i seek his validation. Know this isnt all real estate related. But i think my net worth is good having 11 units. 1 duplex and 9 SFH's. Whats every ones thought on my dad saying money with no brains, forget that!

Loading replies...