Looking for a rockstar investor agent

4 Replies

Hey BP family, I am looking at purchasing my first property and am looking for an investor centric agent who can assist me with getting my feet wet. I am open to investing in different areas of he country but eager to get started down the path of financial freedom. Any suggestions would be helpful Thanks everyone

@Jason Bruning so you are open to buying anywhere? It would probably be useful to narrow down what market or markets you want to focus on.

Getting agent referrals from people for someone who just has a very broad focus may not be useful. Plus good agents are hard to find, and if you find one you want to hang on to them.

Thanks Caleb. I am just getting started and working on narrowing everything down. 

I would recommend developing a strategy and location, and probably even organizing financing before you find an agent, because until you have all that figured out most agents won't be able to help very much because to them you would not appear as a serious buyer/ investor on paper.

@Jason Bruning Figure out geography, property type, budget, etc. before reaching out to an agent. Agents that are plugged into the $100K world aren’t as plugged into the $1M+ ecosystem. While some agents are licensed in more than one state, many aren’t. The $500K SFR rockstar agent isn’t the $500K rockstar self-storage expert. I could go on...and on...and on...

There’s no agent out there that’s a rockstar in all property types, in all geographies, and at all purchase prices.

My unsolicited advice: If you want to work with a rockstar agent, do rockstar prep-work.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.