cash versus conventional offer

3 Replies

Hi all. I have a house up for sale and have three offers on it right now. Good situation to be in but also tricky decision to me. I have a concurrent offer which is low on the list. My dilemma is between a cash offer of $204,500 and a conventional offer of $210,000. I'm not too worried about funds in either case. they both want appraisal as expected and I'm a little worried appraisal might be somewhere around 200000 to 205000 dollars. I know it's short notice but they need an answer today or I I'm guessing at least one will walk away. Thank you for any input

if I was in this situation and was worried about the appraisal coming in a little lower than the "cash" offer I would counter that I would accept the cash offer with no stipulations - meaning no inspection, no appraisal (as is) and see where they land.

If you don’t think it will appraise over $205k anyways then just tell the cash buyer $205k and be done with it.

Thanks guys for the feedback. I think that's the better option. even if it appraised at 215k I think with closing costs I would be under the cash offer anyways.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.