cash versus conventional offer

3 Replies

Hi all. I have a house up for sale and have three offers on it right now. Good situation to be in but also tricky decision to me. I have a concurrent offer which is low on the list. My dilemma is between a cash offer of $204,500 and a conventional offer of $210,000. I'm not too worried about funds in either case. they both want appraisal as expected and I'm a little worried appraisal might be somewhere around 200000 to 205000 dollars. I know it's short notice but they need an answer today or I I'm guessing at least one will walk away. Thank you for any input

if I was in this situation and was worried about the appraisal coming in a little lower than the "cash" offer I would counter that I would accept the cash offer with no stipulations - meaning no inspection, no appraisal (as is) and see where they land.

If you don’t think it will appraise over $205k anyways then just tell the cash buyer $205k and be done with it.

Thanks guys for the feedback. I think that's the better option. even if it appraised at 215k I think with closing costs I would be under the cash offer anyways.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.