Contractors looking at it like there making me rich

80 Replies

@Derrick E. That's a pretty narrow view. The point of hard work isn't to work hard forever. I started hand-blistering work at an age when most people we're busy playing hide and seek. And now the only occasional blisters I get are from the gym. Work smarter not harder

I didn't read all the comments but your success is your vendor's success.  Pay anyone you work with well.  Overpay them. Let them know you appreciate  them and their service.  Be easy to work with , refer them so they get more business. Help them any way you can. 

Use this formula and you will have the best team who will also recognize that your success will be their success. 

You want your contractors , respect . Pay them the minute they are done . They wont care about anything else . And when you call again they will come running to your job first 

Have you ever read the millionaire next door?? He talks about this very thing and his employees and how it makes them feel and act towards him.
Same scenario

Originally posted by @Josh Rorie :

@Derrick E. That's a pretty narrow view. The point of hard work isn't to work hard forever. I started hand-blistering work at an age when most people we're busy playing hide and seek. And now the only occasional blisters I get are from the gym. Work smarter not harder

pfft

I retired 8 years ago but still love the hard dirty work flipping.  I quit the gym and just work on the houses lol