• San Diego, CA
Votes |
How To Identify Bad "D" Or "F" Class Areas

Michael Swan
  • Rental Property Investor
  • San Diego, CA
Posted Jul 11 2018, 22:56

Hi all,

Since I was featured on Podcast 238 about a year ago, I have talked to many BP Nation Members asking me if they should buy this deal or that deal.  Here is a simple way to determine if a deal a broker is sending you is a good deal or really in a "D" or God Forbid in even worst an "F" class area.  Both are not acceptable.  Google Earth all commercial in a one block, two block, three block, four block, five block, and six block radius.  Look down at the street level.  If you see ANY Grafiti, broken windows, boarded up windows, unsavory characters loitering around etc...  

If that is what you see, you are in a "D" class area.  Why would you want to invest in this kind of area?  Would you feel comfortable if your 16 year old niece was walking in that neighborhood on a Friday evening at 9 pm?  If the answer is no.  Again, why would you want to invest there.  Those unsavory characters will be stealing your copper when you have a vacancy or robbing your tenants.  Why would you invest in a "D" or as I said, God forbid war zone "D" or "F " class area.  Don't fall for the Path of Progress scam brokers claim time and time again.

Swanny

Loading replies...