Votes
Reid S.
  • Riverside, CA
Votes |
Residential Development in Switzerland

Reid S.
  • Riverside, CA
Posted Jul 19 2018, 00:50

My mother-in-law has inherited a house in Switzerland. My wife is a Swiss Citizen (which is a requirement to own land in Switzerland). I have an opportunity to purchase this property, and tear it down to construct a 4 or 5 level condo type building (which is what is being done by the local developers in this area). Has anyone done any Development work or Construction work in Switzerland? I see this as being a great opportunity for me to make money and own 1 floor of the building for a vacation/rental home. 

I’m familiar with Commercial Development and Construciton work in the United States, as I’ve been working as the Chief Estimator for a Retail/Healthcare General Contractor in California for 15 years. I have no idea about the potential differences in laws and construction/permitting/Contracting/lending requirements in Switzerland. 

I’m sorry that I don’t have very many specific questions yet about this opportunity, but I have to buy the property from the mother-in-law quickly because she wants to get rid of it in a hurry and she has already contacted a developer in the area that is putting together a price for the property. She will allow me last look on the property if I can get comfortable enough with this project in a hurry. I’m just curious if anyone has experience dealing with a project in Switzerland that might be able to give me some pointers or be interested in investing in this process.

Reid

Loading replies...