Votes
Chris Taylor
  • Cleveland, OH
Votes |
Is Craigslist a Legit Option?

Chris Taylor
  • Cleveland, OH
Posted Mar 30 2019, 06:17

So I have a few methods I'm trying for finding investment properties. My HELOC was just approved and processed last week but I've been actively looking the past few months.

Method 1

I look online at Realtor.com, Zillow, FSBO, foreclosures websites, etc. Obviously not the best method but better than nothing.

Method 2

I had a realtor set me up on their MLS auto mailer. So whenever a property that meets my criteria is posted on the MLS I get an email.

Method 3

I downloaded an app that links Craigslist to a GMAIL account. Much like method 2... I set my criteria and whenever something is posted that meets that criteria I get an email with a link to the post.

Anyone ever have any luck with Craigslist? I am finding two things. One is that there are wholesalers listing properties they don’t even have under contract. Second it seems like some people are placing fake listings to obtain contact information for potential buyers. Things move fast in this business so I don’t want to waste time chasing deals that might not even exist. Is Craigslist worth effort?

Loading replies...