Skip to content
Buying & Selling Real Estate

User Stats

Votes
Julio Silva
  • Investor
  • Lake Elsinore, CA
Votes |
Diversifying in multiple OOS markets or invest in only one area?

Julio Silva
  • Investor
  • Lake Elsinore, CA
Posted Nov 18 2020, 22:43

Hello BP community

I’m new to BP’s! This past week I have learned a wealth of knowledge from all of you, I’ve spent countless late night hours reading numerous discussions, investing strategies and tips.

A little bit about my situation, I live in the Los Angeles area, I have a couple of investment properties that initially were primary residences. I'm selling one of them next month which I'm projected to net anywhere from 180K-200K. I want to start investing OOS and have my eye on Kansas City, MO , Indianapolis, and Columbus. I'm thinking of flying to all 3 cities fairly soon to get familiar with the area. My investment strategy is "buy & hold" in hopes to produce a nice amount of cash flow. My question to you all is do most of you invest in one market? Or you diversify your portfolio into different markets? What are the pros and cons to both and which one might work out best? Ideally I would like a buy SFR's or multi-family units, but I'm stuck if I should focus on one market or diversity my portfolio into all three areas.

Thank you!

Loading replies...