How do I find partners for deals?

6 Replies

Hello all! I am a rookie investor who is coming to love the Ohio market. I have purchased a single-family and closing on a duplex currently.

I feel like as I get to know the market I am finding lots of great deals but I don't have the capital to take advantage of them.

I would love to find investors that have the capital- if I can give them the deal.. but I'm not sure how to find them, or even what kind of business offer to structure?

Do I offer a finders fee? Or percentage of rental income? Or should I just figure out how to start wholesaling?

Open to all thoughts and comments, suggestions.

Thank you

Originally posted by @JD Mims :

Hello all! I am a rookie investor who is coming to love the Ohio market. I have purchased a single-family and closing on a duplex currently.

I feel like as I get to know the market I am finding lots of great deals but I don't have the capital to take advantage of them.

I would love to find investors that have the capital- if I can give them the deal.. but I'm not sure how to find them, or even what kind of business offer to structure?

Do I offer a finders fee? Or percentage of rental income? Or should I just figure out how to start wholesaling?

Open to all thoughts and comments, suggestions.

Thank you

I would get your real estate license and start brokering.

You can always sell the properties you find. I suggest getting your license and brokering them. As far as finding a partner, it seems nowadays everyone has money so I can guarantee someone would partner with you if the deal was good enough. @JD Mims

As for Eric James' statement.. it is true, there is much I still have to learn ..as I mentioned I'm a rookie.. but also as mentioned, I'm on my second deal and I've listened to so many interviews on the BiggerPockets podcast with successful Real Estate Investors. 

These investors are worth millions and buy multiple homes or deals per year -so how do they do it? Do they not know what a good deal is? They obviously see things others don't see as evidenced by their wealth and the number of purchases they make per year.. so maybe there is another answer -other then me not knowing what a good deal is.

I really do appreciate all the feedback though!