How do I find partners for deals?

How do I find partners for deals?

Member since 2020 · 51 posts · 28 votes

Hello all! I am a rookie investor who is coming to love the Ohio market. I have purchased a single-family and closing on a duplex currently.

I feel like as I get to know the market I am finding lots of great deals but I don't have the capital to take advantage of them.

I would love to find investors that have the capital- if I can give them the deal.. but I'm not sure how to find them, or even what kind of business offer to structure?

Do I offer a finders fee? Or percentage of rental income? Or should I just figure out how to start wholesaling?

Open to all thoughts and comments, suggestions.

Thank you

1Reply
23 views

Most Popular Reply

Remington LymanBusiness Member
Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2017 · 6k+ posts · 7k+ votes
5y
Originally posted by @JD Mims:

Hello all! I am a rookie investor who is coming to love the Ohio market. I have purchased a single-family and closing on a duplex currently.

I feel like as I get to know the market I am finding lots of great deals but I don't have the capital to take advantage of them.

I would love to find investors that have the capital- if I can give them the deal.. but I'm not sure how to find them, or even what kind of business offer to structure?

Do I offer a finders fee? Or percentage of rental income? Or should I just figure out how to start wholesaling?

Open to all thoughts and comments, suggestions.

Thank you

I would get your real estate license and start brokering.

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Malakoff, TX · Member since 2017 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    5y

    If you're new and finding lots of good deals that no one else is finding... maybe you don't really know what a good deal is. Just wondering.

  • Remington LymanBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2017 · 6k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @JD Mims:

    Hello all! I am a rookie investor who is coming to love the Ohio market. I have purchased a single-family and closing on a duplex currently.

    I feel like as I get to know the market I am finding lots of great deals but I don't have the capital to take advantage of them.

    I would love to find investors that have the capital- if I can give them the deal.. but I'm not sure how to find them, or even what kind of business offer to structure?

    Do I offer a finders fee? Or percentage of rental income? Or should I just figure out how to start wholesaling?

    Open to all thoughts and comments, suggestions.

    Thank you

    I would get your real estate license and start brokering.

  • Rental Property Investor · L.A. Ca · Member since 2020 · 120 posts · 43 votes
    5y



    @JD Mims

      You might check out phil pustejovsky online videos. He has a mentor pgm and a lot about wholesaling. I don't do that but I have seen his videos and he is very upbeat.

  • Member since 2020 · 51 posts · 28 votes
    5y

    Ok. Thanks for the feedback!

  • Brandon GoldsmithBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2020 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y

    You can always sell the properties you find. I suggest getting your license and brokering them. As far as finding a partner, it seems nowadays everyone has money so I can guarantee someone would partner with you if the deal was good enough. @JD Mims

  • Member since 2020 · 51 posts · 28 votes
    5y

    As for Eric James' statement.. it is true, there is much I still have to learn ..as I mentioned I'm a rookie.. but also as mentioned, I'm on my second deal and I've listened to so many interviews on the BiggerPockets podcast with successful Real Estate Investors. 


    These investors are worth millions and buy multiple homes or deals per year -so how do they do it? Do they not know what a good deal is? They obviously see things others don't see as evidenced by their wealth and the number of purchases they make per year.. so maybe there is another answer -other then me not knowing what a good deal is.

    I really do appreciate all the feedback though!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.