Self storage investing

9 Replies

Hello everyone,

First time posting here.

I currently have 5 rental properties I have gained over this past year. It was also my first year as an investor so I feel very blessed to be as far as I am so quickly. That being said I have been liking the idea more and more of buying or building self storage units but have no idea where to begin. Can someone point me in a good direction for information on the market and possibly details on how to get the ball rolling? I know absolutely nothing at all other than listening to a couple guest on podcasts.

Books? Contractors in Ohio? Anything at all? Please help lol

Thanks

Shawn

Look into Scott Meyer’s training. He is great for teaching people looking to get into storage investing 

Promotion
NestEgg
Smarter rental management
Outperform your peers by 71%
NestEgg landlords save $6,960/yr in fees & 20 hrs/mo*. Self-manage for free or go hands-off for $29.
Start now, get $500

@Shawn Green my father and I had the same thought about a year ago. I analyzed the market and found the need for storage in our local market. (Medina, OH) I did research on all of the local storage facilities, called them all the time to see what their vacancies were and how they just generally operated. Present day we are in the middle of construction of a 37,800 sqft facility. I’ve been posting updates on my profile if you’d like to follow along. Or feel free to reach out to chat more about it. 

@Shawn Green I am originally from Massillon area, Navarre to the south if you're familiar, but now live in Columbus... I am looking to transition to self storage as well. My parents still live in the Massillon area so I'd be happy to meet next time I'm in town if you're  interested. Feel free to message me to set something up. I highly recommend checking out @Michael Wagner's content on youtube and his website as these helped me learn some of the tactics for finding storage deals. To get an idea of storage operations, Jon Griffeth on youtube has some good content as well. Hope these help, feel free to reach out anytime!

Originally posted by @Adrian Birchler:

@Shawn Green I am originally from Massillon area, Navarre to the south if you're familiar, but now live in Columbus... I am looking to transition to self storage as well. My parents still live in the Massillon area so I'd be happy to meet next time I'm in town if you're  interested. Feel free to message me to set something up. I highly recommend checking out @Michael Wagner's content on youtube and his website as these helped me learn some of the tactics for finding storage deals. To get an idea of storage operations, Jon Griffeth on youtube has some good content as well. Hope these help, feel free to reach out anytime!

Adrian, Thanks for the shout out! I am glad you've found some value in the content we put out there.  Please keep us all posted on your progress into self storage! 

And Shawn, I'd be happy to answer any questions you have after poking around a bit!

@Adrian Birchler sounds great. I am familiar with the Navarre area a little bit. Not to far from me at all. Lets definitely try to set something up the next time you are in town.