Commercial investing and starting out

10 Replies

After a great conversation with another investor, I'm very curious about starting to invest in commercial real estate. Are there investors on Bigger Pockets that can help me get started in where I should start to learn about putting together deals?  Thanks!

Promotion
Contracoin
Bridging between Crypto and Real Estate
Get ready to buy your next property using Crypto
Using crypto to own property, leverage #CTCN in buying your next home and more
Time to buy property
Originally posted by @AJ H. :

@Craig Anderson What sort of commercial real estate are you interested in?

I'm looking to get into commercial buildings for offices, warehouses, etc.

Originally posted by @Drew Cheezum :

@Craig Anderson Columbus, OH is a great market for commercial. It is relatively untapped compared to some of the more competitive commercial markets and the prices are lower in the midwest. Are you looking for pure commercial properties or large multi families (5+ units)?

I'm looking more into investing into commercial properties for warehouses, offices, land, etc.

Originally posted by @Craig Anderson :

I'm looking into investing into warehouses, development land, offices, restaurant spaces, etc.

Warehouse is great, I'm a big investor personally 75k sft in DFW. I just released a book on how to get started, Investing in Industrial Real estate, on amazon.

Originally posted by @Ronald Rohde :
Originally posted by @Craig Anderson:

I'm looking into investing into warehouses, development land, offices, restaurant spaces, etc.

Warehouse is great, I'm a big investor personally 75k sft in DFW. I just released a book on how to get started, Investing in Industrial Real estate, on amazon.

What is it called?

Hi @Craig Anderson . I am in my third decade as a real estate investor and I only wish I had jumped from residential to commercial long before the last decade. It’s a good move for many investors. 

I have a identified seven unique paths to jump into commercial real estate investing. You can find a bunch of Biggerpockets videos I’ve done on that topic out there on the Biggerpockets Facebook page. 

I also dedicate the last 1/3 of my new book on self storage to this exact topic. You can order it at www.BiggerPockets.com/storage

I feel bad that this post smacks of self-promotion, but I’ve had so many people ask me this question that I’ve made it a major focus of mine on Biggerpockets. And I’m genuinely trying to be helpful and point you to BP resources.  Good luck! 

Originally posted by @Paul Moore :

Hi @Craig Anderson. I am in my third decade as a real estate investor and I only wish I had jumped from residential to commercial long before the last decade. It’s a good move for many investors. 

I have a identified seven unique paths to jump into commercial real estate investing. You can find a bunch of Biggerpockets videos I’ve done on that topic out there on the Biggerpockets Facebook page. 

I also dedicate the last 1/3 of my new book on self storage to this exact topic. You can order it at www.BiggerPockets.com/storage

I feel bad that this post smacks of self-promotion, but I’ve had so many people ask me this question that I’ve made it a major focus of mine on Biggerpockets. And I’m genuinely trying to be helpful and point you to BP resources.  Good luck! 

Thank you Paul. I will look into the information that you sent.