• Real Estate Agent
  • Owasso, OK
Votes |
Weird find in the attic

Chris Simmons
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Owasso, OK
Posted Aug 4 2014, 06:58

I am finishing up renovations on a recent HUD purchase that will be a rental property. Upon entering the attic space, I found almost 250 recycled 3 liter pop bottles filled with water. They were lined up neatly in rows of 18. Has anyone else ever come across something like this? They were old, generic pop bottles from brands I am not familiar with but may be common at retail centers I don't frequent. I cut them all open with a razor blade and drained them in the yard and recycled the plastic. In draining them, I could smell the faint flavor that originally occupied the bottles. The water was clear and they had likely been in the attic for over a year or more due to the foreclosure process. I am used to dealing with junk in the attic, but have never before seen anything like this. My wife thinks they were preparing for the apocalypse or zombies while I think they were preparing for water to be shut off. I don't know if you can distill your own water like that and drink it later. Oh well.....the mess is gone.

Loading replies...