Buffalo IN REM

3 Replies

Hello everyone, I was just wondering if anyone where has bought from the "courthouse steps" in Buffalo, NY. I have some questions I'd like to ask. I did a few quick searches here on BP but I don't think this topic has been brought up.

Thank you in advance

hi edgar. i have never bought from the court house steps here in buffalo, but i sure am interested in checking it out. i have been doing flipping properties for quite a few years and would like to add this method to my resume. i have been in the court house and checked out the upcoming places on the board they have there, but have never attended the auction. i am a home inspector here in the western ny area, so i feel pretty confident that i could buy there with great confidence as to what i would be buying. always looking for another contact here on BP as well. 

Originally posted by @Mark Elliott :

hi edgar. i have never bought from the court house steps here in buffalo, but i sure am interested in checking it out. i have been doing flipping properties for quite a few years and would like to add this method to my resume. i have been in the court house and checked out the upcoming places on the board they have there, but have never attended the auction. i am a home inspector here in the western ny area, so i feel pretty confident that i could buy there with great confidence as to what i would be buying. always looking for another contact here on BP as well. 

would like to buy some of these to start some flips also. I guess in the meantime I'll try to find great deals other ways. 

As someone who's been to a "courthouse" auction. It's not generally not the same as a city auction. The majority of the time the REO's have a reserve that has to be and quite frequently the auction doesn't takes place for the property you're hoping to bid on. It's takes a lot of followup and diligence to buy a auction home.