Value Add In San Antonio

Value Add In San Antonio

Real Estate Investor · Memphis, TN · Member since 2016 · 405 posts · 131 votes

I would be hard pressed to find an investor, particularly multifamily investor, that doesn't know their market inside and out. Even harder to find an investor that hadn't seen a listing in their asset class:

I was talking to a broker about a 12 unit in San Antonio and I the resemblance was very similar to a 16 unit set up Dallas.

- Only 3 remaining tenants, 

- Owner wanting to transfer the property vacant.

- Seller wanting at or above $1m to exit.

 the Dallas property is in a historic district, the San Antonio one, Im not sure yet. 

Is heavy apartment renovations a thing of the past, for now?  Is redevelopment a more viable option these days? 

0Reply
20 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Joseph CacciapagliaBusiness Member
    Lender · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2020 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    1y

    Depending on location, $1MM is probably too much for a 12 unit here in San Antonio that needs a major renovation. Plenty of people are still renovating apartments, but numbers have to be very good today, because financing is tough.

    Joseph Cacciapaglia powered by Morty
    • Real Estate Investor · Memphis, TN · Member since 2016 · 405 posts · 131 votes
      1y

      @Joseph Cacciapaglia thanks for replying, felt like I was shooting in the dark with the question. Funny thing is that a similar set up in Dallas went up for auction @300k last week. I agree with your suggestion. I want to know how to valuate and estimate  purchase price on a vacant multifamily. Do you estimate repair on a unit-by-unit repair estimate? 

    • Joseph CacciapagliaBusiness Member
      Lender · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2020 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
      1y
      Quote from @Jamie Parker:

      @Joseph Cacciapaglia thanks for replying, felt like I was shooting in the dark with the question. Funny thing is that a similar set up in Dallas went up for auction @300k last week. I agree with your suggestion. I want to know how to valuate and estimate  purchase price on a vacant multifamily. Do you estimate repair on a unit-by-unit repair estimate? 


      It depends on what's needed. There are some things, like flooring, paint, roofing, that I'll use some internal estimates for. For others, I'll want a contractor to provide numbers before pulling the trigger.

      Joseph Cacciapaglia powered by Morty
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.