startup looking for capital for multifamily properties

5 Replies

does anyone know how I can get financing for a coaching program that will help me with my apartment investing career.? and how I can go about seeking out money partners to help to fund my deals and other expenses. I am very new to multi-family investing so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

For coaching, use credit cards?   

As for raising capital, a good coach/mentor will help w/ that.     One word of advice:  w/ no track record, most potential investors will want you to put significant skin in the game.     

IMO, single family is a better place to start unless you have at least $100K to invest in MF.

I agree with Chris, start single family then you will gain more knowledge and also move revenue to venture into MF.  

Originally posted by @Eric Schilk :

I agree with Chris, start single family then you will gain more knowledge and also move revenue to venture into MF.  

When you refer to MF's, do you meet 5 unit+, or you mean anything > 1 unit?

2-4 families in a single building can be a good start too.  Sometimes, depending on the neighborhood, it's hard to make a 1-family to cashflow properly.

Skip the coaching program and find a local mentor who can help you.  There are plenty of people who will walk you through the business for free -- read the education section of our beginner's guide for more info -- http://www.biggerpockets.com/ubg

Good luck.

Agree w/ Josh, learn by doing.  Start w/ 2-4 and live in one if possible to help starting out.  It seems like 8+ is the way to go long term, at least where I am at.

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.