• Real Estate Broker
  • Fort Wayne, IN
Votes |
Advice on 222unit Auction for 1st deal

Aaron Van Curen
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Fort Wayne, IN
Posted Mar 15 2017, 23:22

Hey Everyone! Check out my profile if you would like to know more about me otherwise I'll get straight to the point!

I currently noticed that a 222 unit complex is going up for auction soon in April. This is in West Lafayette, Indiana very close to Purdue University! I have all the data an investor could ever dream about but I do not have all of the money an investor could ever dream about. There happens to be a $50,000 refundable deposit just so I could place a bid. Bidding starts at $8,000,000 and will have a 5% transaction fee on the final bid price if won. The market is great and I have lived in West Lafayette for two years since I do go to Purdue. This is just NOT something I want to pass up but I do know it will be highly unlikely for me to get a bank loan in time for the bidding process. What advice would you give me for searching for hard/private money lenders that can help with deposit and would want to become partners in this deal? What would make this deal interesting to those people? I can share more information if needed. Note, I have to obtain this money in several weeks.

My offering is to provide completely passive income to my partners as I would do ALL of the work (given there is already a property management company which can be replaced of course if needed). There would also be a lien on the property so there would be complete security.

Loading replies...