Looking for Laywer Familiar w/ Syndications

11 Replies

Hopefully this is in the correct forum.  I'm about to embark on my first syndication and wanted to get a lawyer that's versed in this on my side.  My normal RE lawyer hasn't been as responsive as I'd prefer lately and I don't believe he has experience with the ins and outs of syndication.  

I'm located in NJ, so someone local would be preferred.  

Thanks in advance.

@Kon Zel Congrats on getting into syndications! I'm assuming when you say, "I'm about to embark on my first syndication...", you mean as A GP. Securities attorney doesn't have to be local, they have to be knowledgeable and be able to advise you along the way. I recommend you reach out to @KimLisa Taylor

If you have any other questions about syndications, feel free to PM me.

Best!

Bootstrap Legal Amy Wan is a great resource. Very reasonable and well versed in syndication.

Originally posted by @Michael Le :

Gene Trowbridge is the SEC attorney I use for my deals. He also has a wonderful book you can find on Amazon.

I've read his book.  I'm sure his expertise doesn't come cheap =)

Originally posted by @Kon Zel :
Originally posted by @Michael Le:

Gene Trowbridge is the SEC attorney I use for my deals. He also has a wonderful book you can find on Amazon.

I've read his book.  I'm sure his expertise doesn't come cheap =)

I thought the same initially but it's about the same as the other SEC attorney's I've talked to.

its competitive for these services.. especially for those that do it as a specialty and you see recommended on a site like BP much of it is boiler plate anyway.

Hey @Kon Zel +1 vote for Gene Trowbridge- I just did my first syndication and yes it's not cheap and yes they want payment upfront, but you also want to make sure everything is done properly. They handled everything from writing the PPM, Operating Agreements, and Subscription agreements to the filings in each state. I recommend them to any first time syndicator.

Hi all, I am Gene Trowbridge's partner. Please let me know if you need any assistance. You can call myself, Gene, or any of our associates. 

Thanks, Justin!  You were a pleasure to work with! 

Originally posted by @Justin Fraser :

Hey @Kon Zel +1 vote for Gene Trowbridge- I just did my first syndication and yes it's not cheap and yes they want payment upfront, but you also want to make sure everything is done properly. They handled everything from writing the PPM, Operating Agreements, and Subscription agreements to the filings in each state. I recommend them to any first time syndicator.