Multi family bubble- wait or jump in?

55 Replies

@Ryan Severance   Depending on whether UNH has any locations served by the MBTA Commuter Rail, that might be an option.  It should work for your downtown location.

White Cliffs is nice, but they have some HEFTY condo fees, plus a mandatory minimum $900 annual spend in the restaurant.  They do have that nice tram from the cliff down to the beach though!

Originally posted by @Frank Patalano :

@Ryan Severance

Ryan how far away are you willing to go? I have friends who house hacked in Pawtucket, RI. 1 hour south of Boston. We actually get many Boston commuters since there is a train next door in Attleboro, MA.

Frank, I commuted from my current place in Dedham the opposite way for one summer while interning in Providence.

Rhode Island is a great area and Providence is a beautiful city. Pawtucket is nice as well.

I might be able to do it, but my current work schedule doesn't lend itself to the idea - I'm at work late hours and increasing my commute isn't something I can do with any enthusiasm.

Plus, my wife commutes to NH at least 4 days of every week, so bringing her further south is not going to be met with much enthusiasm on her part.

I appreciate the thoughts from you and Charlie, you've both got me pondering those areas south of me.

Originally posted by @Charlie MacPherson :

@Ryan Severance  Depending on whether UNH has any locations served by the MBTA Commuter Rail, that might be an option.  It should work for your downtown location.

White Cliffs is nice, but they have some HEFTY condo fees, plus a mandatory minimum $900 annual spend in the restaurant.  They do have that nice tram from the cliff down to the beach though!

White Cliffs is nice to visit, but I'd be hard pressed to live there - but I am not a golfer.

Beautiful place to get married though - and for reasonable money!

I'm thinking North Shore of MA might be an option - and yes, it would have to be served by the Commuter Rail - that's how I get to work now from Dedham.

@Ryan Severance   I agree.  All the condo fees I've seen there are over $800/month.  Great views from some of the units, but I think the reality is that you're paying for the golf course as much as anything else.

If you aren't an avid golfer, I'd look at Pine Hills.  They have some very nice units, some with condo fees under $500/month.

Originally posted by @Charlie MacPherson :

@Ryan Severance  I agree.  All the condo fees I've seen there are over $800/month.  Great views from some of the units, but I think the reality is that you're paying for the golf course as much as anything else.

If you aren't an avid golfer, I'd look at Pine Hills.  They have some very nice units, some with condo fees under $500/month.

Wow that is pricey at WC! 

No condos for me right now - I'm a Condominium Attorney. I spend my days with them, I don't need to spend my nights in one.

They're a great option for a lot of people, but not for me, not right now.

Multi or nothing at this point.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here