Jake and Gino Event?

Jake and Gino Event?

Rental Property Investor · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2016 · 293 posts · 88 votes

Who is going to the Jake and Gino event in Orlando? I think its October 19-20? 

Wondering if I should bring my daughter. 

0Reply
66 views

Most Popular Reply

Hadar OrkibiPro Member
Rental Property Investor · USA / NZ · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 812 votes
6y

@Account Closed interesting review you have there. I 100% disagree with you.

I attended last year event in Nashville TN and thoroughly enjoyed both events.

In fact i enjoyed Orlando more become i wasn't 100% hooked up on seating in the main room all the time.

It as great to be able to network and get to know fellow investors and community members from around the country. I traveled 28 Hours from New Zealand to attend both events and will travel again next year, so i think it say somethings.  The Jake & Gino event is juts an "introduction" to what the Wheelbarrow Profit community really is.

If you want to learn the basic nuts and bolts you should have bought the Wheelbarrow Profit book BEFORE you came to the event. that worked well for me. then you come to the event armed with some basic knowledge and motivation to make it happen!

See this reply in the discussion

31 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · Watertown, NY · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7y

    @Melissa N. -  I'm heavily considering it!  These guys are titans.  

  • Rental Property Investor · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2016 · 293 posts · 88 votes
    7y

    Yea I got a ton of value last year from their conference. The code BP2019 gets you 20% off if you need a code. 

    Just booked mine! But I'll keep thinking about bringing the 6 year old! We have some friends from Watertown. 

  • Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2012 · 30 posts · 26 votes
    7y

    @Melissa N. I will be attending for my first time and I'm super excited! My partner @Shane Deckert and I just signed up for their coaching and can already tell it's an amazing community to be a part of. Looking forward to the big event and hope to see you there!

  • Rental Property Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2017 · 207 posts · 125 votes
    7y

    @Jamie Burns & @Melissa N. I will be there too. Love to meet up with both of you!

  • Specialist · Tampa, FL · Member since 2012 · 933 posts · 492 votes
    7y

    @Melissa N., we're from the Tampa Bay area just up the I4 corridor. We will be there for sure. 

  • Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2012 · 30 posts · 26 votes
    7y

    @Shawn G. Likewise and looking forward to it. If you’d like to meet up beforehand, let me know.  

  • Rental Property Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2017 · 207 posts · 125 votes
    7y

    @Jamie Burns Absolutely! There is a local multifamily meetup tomorrow night in Winter Park. It is posted under the events section here on BP.  Great networking there too. If you are available try to make it. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2016 · 293 posts · 88 votes
    7y

    Did everyone get their tickets yet? Do you plan to bring kids and do the Disney thing too? 

  • Rental Property Investor · Glen Rock, NJ · Member since 2015 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    7y
    Melissa,
    Gino typically comes with his family. So there should be plenty of kids. The question is: do you have someone to babysit your kids while you're at a conference or whether they are old enough to sit through it with you.


    Originally posted by @Melissa N.:

    Did everyone get their tickets yet? Do you plan to bring kids and do the Disney thing too? 

  • Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2012 · 30 posts · 26 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Shawn G.:

    @Jamie Burns Absolutely! There is a local multifamily meetup tomorrow night in Winter Park. It is posted under the events section here on BP.  Great networking there too. If you are available try to make it. 


    Awesome, let me see what I can do to make it. I appreciate the heads up and invite!

  • Rental Property Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2017 · 254 posts · 265 votes
    7y

    @Melissa N.

    I will be there and be part of the syndication panel they are having on Sunday.

  • Rental Property Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2017 · 254 posts · 265 votes
    7y

    My kids are in their 20's ;-) so no to Disney but 20 year old daughter will be at the event with us.

  • Member since 2019 · 7 posts · 3 votes
    7y

    I'll be there. Looking forward to it!

  • Investor · Castle Rock, CO · Member since 2018 · 297 posts · 159 votes
    6y

    I'll be there too. See you all in a couple weeks.

  • Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2019 · 62 posts · 64 votes
    6y

    @Melissa N. I definitely recommend it. This will be my 3rd year and I’m bringing my whole family. They are going to Disney World, so I’m not sure who is going to have more fun. Jake and Gino are great guys I’ve personally know them for about 3 years and went through their program. They provide a ton of value especially if you are newer.

    Message me if you want to meet up at the conference. I’ve invested in over 1200 units and I got my start going to these conferences so I love to give back.

  • Michael DangPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2015 · 454 posts · 273 votes
    6y

    Not to steal the thunder away from the upcoming Orlando event.  Anyone going to the Houston event in November?  I'll be there since it's my hometown.

  • Dan HandfordPro Member
    Investor · Lexington, SC · Member since 2018 · 779 posts · 501 votes
    6y

    @Melissa N. I won’t make it this year but had a blast last year.

  • Real Estate Broker · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2016 · 76 posts · 50 votes
    6y

    Hi @Melissa N. @Shawn G. @Jamie Burns and others attending: I'll be attending from the west coast (San Francisco) and bringing a colleague or two with me. Would love to link up with other BP members and meet some local RE professionals in central Florida. I'm visiting with a good friend of mine during the trip that lives in the area and I'm looking to also invest in some projects with her in that market. Let's connect!

  • Rental Property Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2017 · 207 posts · 125 votes
    6y

    @Eduardo Zepeda Absolutely! Let me know when you get to town!

  • Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2012 · 30 posts · 26 votes
    6y

    @Eduardo Zepeda Sounds great! Would love to meet up with you and your friend that's local. Looking forward to it!

  • Realtor · NY · Member since 2016 · 55 posts · 23 votes
    6y

    Hi BP Family, I'm not trying to be an ***.h but I thought an honest review will be very helpful for all, I went to this event last weekend in Orlando, I really hoped it will be a good time and money investment, sadly! it was like most of the other events, it was 100% sales pitch ( of course mixed with few motivation speakers ). this event might be good for someone that still not sure if he wants to start investing so they will tell you how good is real estate investing ( of course so you buy the education package later for $ 19,997,00) it could be better if instead of spending hours playing with emotions to just give us practical information ( I fell bad wasting that much Time + $300 )

  • Rental Property Investor · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2016 · 293 posts · 88 votes
    6y

    Most of these boot camps are what you make of them. I have attended all 3 of these now and I get a tremendous amount of value. Networking alone is worth it. I have not bought into anyone's program but for those that choose to do it, I can understand why. You spend 20k without a second thought on college. There is no right or wrong way to learn. The most important thing to do is to take action. 

    If you have any specific questions about multifamily I'd be happy to chat with you. Feel free to reach out. We own 2 apartment buildings. Free of charge lol. 

  • Specialist · Tampa, FL · Member since 2012 · 933 posts · 492 votes
    6y

    @Account Closed me and our team were there this past weekend. We got a ton of value out of the event, but not so much from the content. Content is not why we went to the event. The real magic happens when go to these events and network. To form real connections with real people that are doing real deals that can lead to fruitful potential partnerships. Wish we could've ran into each other. Take care.

  • Rental Property Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2017 · 207 posts · 125 votes
    6y

    @Account Closed and many many others.  These events are all about the networking.  Also did get some great stuff from each speaker....the parts I was in the room to hear :)

  • Real Estate Broker · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2016 · 76 posts · 50 votes
    6y

    @Shawn G. @Tj Hines I completely agree with what you both said. I spent a big chunk of my time in the foyer and “deal room” just talking to others. It’s all about the relationships and connections you make. Case in point, my friend and I happened to get invited to have lunch with Vinny Chopra and his team on Sunday. The table was filled with individuals taking massive action and getting deals done and I made some valuable and invaluable connections from that lunch alone that will hopefully turn into partnerships. I’ll be looking to attend many more events like these in the future including Joe Fairness’ one coming up in February.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.