Anyone part of Lifestyles, Sumrok, Khleif, or Blank’s coaching?

11 Replies

Trying to compare and get opinions on any one of these coaching programs. If you are a part of one, what are your honest thoughts and opinions of if/when to join? Thanks for any feedback!

I am a Sumrok student. We concentrate on MF, no SF. Training consists of the week-end Ratrace-to-Retirement recruitment event (3 times/year) and on line videos. There are two programs, Personal Mentoring (GPs) and Foundations (LPs). Both make you members of the networking group, that meets several times a year, facilitating relationships.  The sponsors are actively looking for and finding deal, giving the passives plenty of opportunity to invest. Deals are typical 70 to 250 unit. Professional Mgt is used 99% of the time.

The group did 52 deals in 2018. Headed toward 75 this year. 100+ sponsors & many passives have pulled out $1M. The coach is not a charity, but the coached do get rich.

To sponsor, some sort of coaching is needed. One can passive without a coach.  But Sumrok moves you down your path faster, without costly mistakes.  I volunteer at his events and have two rules for entry: COSCO - you have to have enough money that returns will make the entry feel trivial.  GYM - you have to show up to get benefit. 

I started in 2010, have invested passively in 49 deals, to date 14 have sold - 2 so far this year & I expect 2 more. I, actually WE, my wife & I are partners in this endeavor, have deals in FL, GA, OH, LA, OK, TV, & AZ. Had CO & NM.

Charles LeMaire

@Mike Elaridi I did the phone calls with the sales people from Blank and Khleifs coaching programs. I have heard good things about Khleifs program. It really depends on what you feel is right for you. You will NOT be coached personally from Blank or Kheif FYI, but you will get a weekly phone call. Everything a coach will teach you can be found online, but can definitely be useful for guidance and to save from making costly mistakes. 

Right now I am seeing how much success I can achieve by finding an opportunity for seller financing, but hiring a coach is still something I want to do in the near future.

I would also recommend checking out @Greg Dickerson as a coach. Greg has an abundance of knowledge and experience and I feel like he can provide a lot more attention than some of these other programs.  

@Mike Elaridi - I opted for Michael Blank's entry level underwriting program a few years ago and thought it was incredibly helpful. $129 Syndicated Deal Analyzer + $50/month for access to the private Slack channel with underwriting feedback on real deals. It's a frugal choice and exclusively focused on underwriting. I'm sure it's evolved since then, and likely gone up in price.

Later on, when I was considering 1:1 private coaching, I interviewed 8 different coaches, including Michael Blank's program, but decided that at the $xx,xxx the price tag would only be worthwhile if I got to interact with "the man, himself." I think his team is excellent, but that was just my personal preference.

I think that the selection of a coach is a process that comes down to alignment on communication style, learning preferences and your goals. Tough to weigh these all apples-to-apples since they have different business models.

How are these different than Jake and Gino’s coaching? I’m thinking of joining that group. I’m still a newbie and trying to soak in as much possible. I should have some capital (100k) to deploy next year and see how to make best use of it.

Hey @Mike Elaridi ,

My husband Josh and I joined Think Multifamily back in 2017.  They are based out of Dallas, TX and we live in Portland, OR.  Our experience with Mark and @Tamiel Kenney  has been incredible for our business growth!  They attract incredible people to their group.  I would highly recommend you check them out!  Since joining their group, we personally have been able to participate in 8 deals, 3 as passive investors and 5 on the GP side!  We find ourselves traveling either to Dallas every 5-6 weeks or to other real estate events and have found networking with other like-minded investors and syndicators to be a key to our success.  The awesome thing about Think Multifamily is you actually get 1:1 coaching from Mark and Tamiel instead of being assigned a coach underneath them.  They are family-oriented, full of integrity and humble about their success.  We have learned so much in the past 2 years about syndicating 100+ apartment complexes from them and the entire Think Multifamily group. 

They have a big event coming up on September 7th and 8th in Dallas called the FIRE Summit.  It's coming up quickly, but might be something you'd want to check out!

Emily 

Hey @Mike Elaridi ,

I lived in Dallas TX about 9 years until June 2018, Currently me and my family live in Sayre PA (which is border town of 5000 people near New York State and Pennsylvania state borders), In my experience with Mark Kenney and Tamiel Kenney was outstanding for my Multifamily business growth. Their group is growing constantly, and they created such nice ambience. I would highly recommend attend their one of their events and see what you feel for it. I met all my partners in the group itself, me and my partners have syndicated 7 deals as General Partner (GP) including 900 units and being GP side, I also invested 2 deals passively. Before joining THINK MULTIFAMILY Group I have been to all other mentors multifamily weekend boot camp events (At least 12) across the country, then I decided to join Think Multifamily Group in January 2018, Mark & Tamiel directly coach me 1 on 1 (they don't have coach hierarchy). They are excellent in giving in coaching on how to syndicate, find deals, analyze deals, structure deals to partner with others (Inside group) or outside the group you have choice.

Their in-depth, hands-on knowledge in multifamily education, their accountability, availability for their students, care for my PROGRESS and the support is beyond what I was expecting. Family syndication model is helping me to get involved in more deals, quicker.”

Kishan Golla

Originally posted by @Justin G. :

@Mike Elaridi I did the phone calls with the sales people from Blank and Khleifs coaching programs. I have heard good things about Khleifs program. It really depends on what you feel is right for you. You will NOT be coached personally from Blank or Kheif FYI, but you will get a weekly phone call. Everything a coach will teach you can be found online, but can definitely be useful for guidance and to save from making costly mistakes. 

Right now I am seeing how much success I can achieve by finding an opportunity for seller financing, but hiring a coach is still something I want to do in the near future.

I would also recommend checking out @Greg Dickerson as a coach. Greg has an abundance of knowledge and experience and I feel like he can provide a lot more attention than some of these other programs.  

Thank you @Justin G.

@Mike Elaridi , I took @Michael Blank and @Rod Khleif courses. Both were great. Michael's course come with a underwriting tool called the SDA. I learned how to underwrite deals using the SDA provided in Michael's course. which is highly important in this business.