How do you buy “Accredited” investor lists?

11 Replies

Has anyone attempted or succeeded at purchasing “Accredited” investor lists? If you have, Please comment below so that both me and others can hopefully benefit from this question. Thank you!

I don't think such list exists but I am also curious as to why you would want to buy it?

If you plan raising money from accredited investors only then do a 506c deal and advertise anywhere you like.

I you plan on 506b then buying a list won't do you any good as you don't have preexisting relationships with people on the list. 

You can’t buy a list of accredited investors but you can buy lists of high net worth individuals and investors. Those can be found online easily. If you are looking to raise capital understand it’s a relationship business. Marketing to a list of High Net Worth investors requires a very specific approach to be successful. Random mailing and cold calling will not be very effective.

Finding investors is very akin to finding target customers for anything you're hoping to sell.  You're ultimately selling a relationship though so even the most targeted and best lead generation won't matter if the product (you) or your deal flow sucks.  You need to set up systems to market to, attract, process, follow up with, sell, and sustain relationships with investors even if you have the best list in the world.  

There are a lot of companies online that have lists.  Broker-dealers have lists they're very protective of and will lease to you for a fee if you find the right ones.  Several moderately-sized BD firms now offer marketing services to their lists, but they'll only take deal sizes that make it worth their time to engage.  

I'd worry less about the lists and more about finding a partner who can help you engage with investors, develop personas, and to set up the systems needed to be successful.  

Originally posted by @Manuel Perez :

Has anyone attempted or succeeded at purchasing “Accredited” investor lists? If you have, Please comment below so that both me and others can hopefully benefit from this question. Thank you!

Join a REIA and meet people.

@Manuel Perez

Finding investors and establishing relationships with investors is a long term process, and requires time, commitment and the track record. I believe you have a few folks in your local network that know how to do that. If you need more help, feel free to reach out.

Also, here's a post to guide you further: 

https://www.biggerpockets.com/member-blogs/10850/86199-how-to-find-wealthy-investors

@Nick B. Thank you for the post. I appreciate the advice. The reason for the question is to continue to build and looking at all options on how to build the investor pipeline funnel.

Our company has a a huge list of sophisticated investors and trying to build more High Net-worth list.

If you have some other thoughts to build the list, I’m happy to hear. Thank you!

@Alina Trigub thank you Alina! Good to hear from you and hope your doing well. The question was mainly to continue to build our current investor pipeline and test other ways to Bring people of high Networth to us.

I believe I have your contact info, perhaps we can chat sometime soon?

Originally posted by @Greg Dickerson :

You can’t buy a list of accredited investors but you can buy lists of high net worth individuals and investors. Those can be found online easily. If you are looking to raise capital understand it’s a relationship business. Marketing to a list of High Net Worth investors requires a very specific approach to be successful. Random mailing and cold calling will not be very effective.

 I agree with what Greg said.

In addition, the approach that I found most successful when raising capital is through REFERRALS. My investors refer me to their friends, family and colleagues. So when I meet with them, I already have credibility and trust established with them by virtue of being referred.

Cold calling or direct mail will likely still work but the chances of success is very, very low.

Absolutely Manny. Reach out any time.

Originally posted by @Manuel Perez :

@Alina Trigub thank you Alina! Good to hear from you and hope your doing well. The question was mainly to continue to build our current investor pipeline and test other ways to Bring people of high Networth to us.

I believe I have your contact info, perhaps we can chat sometime soon?

 

@Michael Ealy Thank you for engaging on this post. I love the emphasis on "Referrals" and I think sometimes its just great to go back to the basics. I appreciate the help very much and I hope this helps others reading this forum. Have a great day!

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here