Submetering Utilities in Louisville; 12 units - Help?

5 Replies

Hello, any recommendations or other help would be appreciated. 

Currently, have a contract to purchase 12 units in Louisville, KY. Current owner pays for water and electricity. And I live out of state. 

Does anyone have any recommendations for a company that would install submetering these 12 units in Louisville?

Thanks in advance!

I have heard this discussed on the podcast but forget the easy cheap way they did it.  There are products that allow it though.  I will try to find it..  I am curious also.  

I'd consider renting to nonprofits that have seller include the utilities. They pay above and beyond market price and 100% guaranteed. Also a great way to flip multifamilies. Good luck if not interested!

Promotion
Marko Rubel
ATTENTION INVESTORS
Get Deals 100% Funded – No Credit, No Banks, No Job Verification
New Unlimited Funding® program for investors: low-interest, without banks or shark lenders.
Check availability
Originally posted by @Alexander Kneefel :

Hello, any recommendations or other help would be appreciated. 

Currently, have a contract to purchase 12 units in Louisville, KY. Current owner pays for water and electricity. And I live out of state. 

Does anyone have any recommendations for a company that would install submetering these 12 units in Louisville?

Thanks in advance!

RUBS is the cost-effective alternative to sub metering. 

Agreed with @Jibu V.   RUBS (Ratio Utility Billing System).  Look it up.  Make sure you are complying with local and state laws since they vary by region.  You essentially have the account with the utility and pay for the utilities, then bill the tenants back for them.  Water I divide by number of occupants.  Heat I divide by square footage.