Experience with small multifamily development in Daytona Beach FL

7 Replies

Hello All,

A partner and I just purchased a multifamily in Daytona Beach that has open space on about 40% of the lot and we would want to put some additional buildings on it (2-8 units). Anyone have experience or can point me in the direction of someone who does? Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by @Chris Moore :

Hello All,

A partner and I just purchased a multifamily in Daytona Beach that has open space on about 40% of the lot and we would want to put some additional buildings on it (2-8 units). Anyone have experience or can point me in the direction of someone who does? Thanks in advance.

What would you like to know?

Originally posted by @Greg Dickerson :
Originally posted by @Chris Moore:

Hello All,

What would you like to know?

Sorry for the delay, yes I agree with putting as many units as possible. I don't know the market and would like to speak with anyone that has local knowledge and experience especially with permitting or builder recommendations. There is also a build cost to unit rent ratio that maybe a single story 4 unit would be more profitable than a 4 story hotel for example. 

Originally posted by @David Pierce :

For starters - I would put as many units as you can on the property.

Haha yes that's the plan! Finding out what is possible is the hard part.

@Chris Moore I live about 30 minutes from Daytona. Might be able to help you with some local contacts for construction, PM, and site development. What is the acreage of the unused land?

Originally posted by @Jacob Kline :

@Chris Moore I live about 30 minutes from Daytona. Might be able to help you with some local contacts for construction, PM, and site development. What is the acreage of the unused land?

Hey Jacob, Thanks a lot, its about 90 meters by 100 meters. Basically the back half of a long lot.