Looking for mentor (Miami)

3 Replies

Hi everyone, I'm moving back to Miami at the beginning of July and would love to find someone to offer me mentorship.

I've been in real estate investing for 5 years now but feel I've really fumbled my way through and overall just been lucky.

People have said I'm incredibly intelligent, whilst being stupid at the same time. I would say this is an accurate summary. I've made many mistakes and would like to harness the intelligence and cast away the stupidity.

I've got a lot planned for this Miami trip and it would be awesome to have someone I can consult and ask for advice. To be honest I probably can't offer much in return, although I worked as a model for years so I can help with promotional modeling or something like that.

Hi Nat,

I hope that you can connect with someone in Miami to help you out. I just wanted to say that I've read your posts and your profile and have been impressed. We all make mistakes along the way, that's how we learn. I say let BP answer your questions and keep doing what your doing. I saw your post the other day about "winning" a property. I'm not sure if I posted or not, but my thought was to find off market properties, either through direct marketing or a GOOD local wholesaler.

On another note, I like the new profile pic.

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your encouragement and advice about working with wholesalers or direct marketing.

I was thinking about door knocking/flyering every door in the neighborhood where I want to buy with cash offers.

I think direct mailing could save you alot of time. Door knocking and flyers may work, but you may also end up talking to alot of tenants, depending on where you're looking. I think the USPS has an every address in a zip code type program, and/or I'm sure @Michael Q., can offer some advice on the matter.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.