Where have you had the most success in RE investing?

13 Replies

I've made money bird dogging, landlording, and flipping. The most success I've had, so far has been with [size=18]Flipping[/size], though.

No doubt about it; flipping!

For the past few years I've been a cash buyer and then flipping with seller financing. With low enough down payments people aren't buying the PROPERTY, they're buying the FINANCING. A buddy of mine says I should hang out a sign like the low rent used car lots that say "I tote the note".

all cash

Landlording has been my source of real estate success. It has been very rewarding for me!

I have to say wholesaleing to other investors, combine with the double closing.

I love the no money down and fast closing. I prefer the low end homes
as I can usualy flip these to investors pretty fast.
Lisa :lol:

This post has been removed.

Wow, you must live in a place with low property taxes and insurance companies that love you!

Remember, landlording is a BUSINESS. Operate it as such. Rent is DUE ON THE FIRST, it's delinqent on the SECOND, not on the 15th! Inspect the property to make sure none of the tenants are operating a business, daycare, beauty shop, auto repair, MARIJUANA GROWING or others.

Make sure that you are credited at closing for the amount of ALL SECURITY DEPOSITS. Review the leases before closing. Make sure you're not stuck with below market tenants on long-term leases.

I could go on, I usually do! Read all the old posts here. Read a couple of books on landlording, learn how to do repairs, learn the landlord/tenant part of your state's real estate law.

all cash

I've made my money initially through cash flow made from landlording. I then did some rehab projects to make some really nice money. I prefer the landlording aspect of real estate the most, though.

Cash Flow from landlording. Mainly because it's a consistent source of income.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.