I am new to real estate investing. Can anyone share some ideas on how to find deals and on a consistent basis? Does it depend on the market? I am looking to invest in Sheboygan Wi and Milwaukee Wi. Is there a secret I just don't know? Would finding a partner help?
Thank you for your time and advice!
What type of deals? Deals for flipping or deals for buy and hold?
I'm interested in both but I feel I need to do a flip first to build capital to purchase buy and hold properties.
Are there two separate ways to go about finding deals for either flipping and buy and hold?
Matt there are countless threads on her that discuss this topic. It varies from city to city somewhat but the bottom line is this business has 2 prongs.
1. RELATIONSHIPS: build relationships everywhere you can with agents, PM's other investors, title companies, lenders. The more people you get to know in the biz the more deals will come to you.
2. ACTIVITY: If you start trying to buy and set a target of making XX offers a week it is only a matter time till you hit pay. It's like the old training cliche for door to door sales people. Every door you knock on is worth $500 you just may have to knock on a thousand doors before the money starts rolling in :-)
Free eBook from BiggerPockets!
- Actionable advice for getting started,
- Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
- Learn how to get started with or without money,
- Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
- And a LOT more.
Sign up below to download the eBook for FREE today!
We hate spam just as much as you
You must be a BiggerPockets member to post on the forums
Join the world's largest, most open Real Estate Investing Community online, 100% free forever!