Thoughts on Neighborhood

8 Replies

For those of you who are familiar with the Atlanta market, what is your opinion of 30066 as a potential neighborhood for an investor who wants to buy in an area with great schools and a relatively easy commute to good jobs?

I agree. That's a good area. 

Thank you both so much for your replies. We are beginning to explore the idea of investing there and are ready to start to put an expedition team together. We are mostly concerned with putting a high quality team together from the start so that we can minimize the prospect of running into challenges later. In my experience the realtor/property manager role has been critical as they are a liaison for many other team members and someone the investor speaks to frequently. We want to begin to search for this person now so that we may get to know them and build a relationship with them first before buying. Would either of you be willing to to point me in the direction of one?

Patrick, Atlanta is a huge market and while you're looking at a good area, it would be more important for you to start by building a good team. Start by talking to Realtors and other RE professionals on the ground here and BP as a resource will be a huge help. 

Your best move is to plan a trip where you can meet at least 20 different people or companies who can be of service specifically to a distance Investor like you. Five working days will be enough to cover everything.

It will come down to the kind of investing you want to do and the kind of returns you wish to see. You picked a great city for it, but like all big cities, it can be tough to get started. 

Best of luck with it.

Hi @Account Closed  

Welcome to BP! 30066 is Marietta GA which is in Cobb County. Lately, there has been a lot of activity in the zip code for several reasons (more people moving to Atlanta, new Braves stadium http://www.cbs46.com/story/26545193/new-atlanta-br..., good schools) which has caused the Median prices of homes to go up for example the Single Family Residence prices trends are below

Median Prices in Oct 2013 for Single Family Homes was 165,000

Oct 2014 for SFR was $194,000

Median Sold price currently stands at- $232,500

Average sold to OLP (original list price) price is - 93.7% 

So basically the prices are going up in the ZipCode.  Also you may want to look at the city data http://www.city-data.com/zips/30066.html that will give you more insight on the neighborhood. 

Hope this helps. 

I'm currently looking at this area as well. I live right in the middle of it, too.

Good luck with your investing!

Thanks everybody for your replies! We are going to begin to explore establishing a team in the area to evaluate its potential. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here