Rental Property Investor · Phoenix/Lima, Arizona/OH · Member since 2012 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
If I were to guess, here's what my friends did today:
@Serge S. spend today thinking hard about the next $500,000
@Brian Burke took his wife in his plane to Malibu, or something, and spent money he has
@Brandon Turner took his wife to Hawaii and spent money he does not have! :)
Me - I helped my wife...here's how it went:
went and picked up raw milk from the farm - do it every week
went and picked up fresh eggs from another farm
bathed both children in epsom salt baths
made a broth - that's hugely difficult actually
and in between all that, I published a post on justaskbenwhy, and submitted a killer post to BP for upcoming Tuesday - you guys should totally not miss this one!
I made no money today. But, on the bright side, every one of my tenants is paid up for the month, and that'll work...
Investor · Santa Rosa, CA · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 7k+ votes
11y
Ha, nice try @Ben Leybovich but no dice. I actually spent the day getting caught up on emails and reading articles and economic reports and listening to a BP Podcast (no, not my own).
Oh, and one more thing (and you were close on this one)...checking the weather for my flight tomorrow to Santa Monica (close to Malibu!) and Palm Springs. But my wife isn't going...picking up my lawyer in Santa Monica and going to a meeting with some guys at the National Multihousing Conference in Palm Springs.
Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
11y
continued my journey in the deep south meet with property manager and turn key operator in Birmingham then proceeded to jackson.. Started the trip last Tuesday in Charleston.. then Atlanta... getting my boys and girls ready for an awesome 2015.. anything but waiting for deals we are creating deals !!! and they are as good or better than last year !!
If I were to guess, here's what my friends did today:
@Serge S. spend today thinking hard about the next $500,000
@Brian Burke took his wife in his plane to Malibu, or something, and spent money he has
@Brandon Turner took his wife to Hawaii and spent money he does not have! :)
Me - I helped my wife...here's how it went:
went and picked up raw milk from the farm - do it every week
went and picked up fresh eggs from another farm
bathed both children in epsom salt baths
made a broth - that's hugely difficult actually
and in between all that, I published a post on justaskbenwhy, and submitted a killer post to BP for upcoming Tuesday - you guys should totally not miss this one!
I made no money today. But, on the bright side, every one of my tenants is paid up for the month, and that'll work...
What did you do today?
BL,
I tore both hamstrings today playing soccer. Only my 2nd game in 2 years.
Rental Property Investor · Phoenix/Lima, Arizona/OH · Member since 2012 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
11y
@Engelo Rumora - I was just about to message you. We've had to move the appointment cause Aaron came down with a bug. I will, unfortunately, have to postpone. I'll reach out when we plan to come out, and if you are available we'll hook up. Sorry :(
@Engelo Rumora - I was just about to message you. We've had to move the appointment cause Aaron came down with a bug. I will, unfortunately, have to postpone. I'll reach out when we plan to come out, and if you are available we'll hook up. Sorry :(
No prob at all mate,
Feel free to reach out anytime and sorry to hear Aaron is not feeling well.
Investor · Yokosuka, Japan · Member since 2014 · 631 posts · 184 votes
11y
@Jeff G. It is Monday morning here in Japan. MLK so I have a day off and this is how I've spent it.
Finished reading the book The 5 Lessons a Millionaire Taught Me by Richard Paul Evans. (Easy read with great actionable steps to follow).
Have been on BP reading posts and writing responses to topics that interest me and also networking trying to find members to build mutually beneficial relationships.
Property Manager · Baton Rouge, LA · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 195 votes
11y
Been looking all day on line for refinancing for my house. Got a denial from a idiot underwriter the day before closing after he had me pay for an appraisal, and send dozens of my confidential documents. Yes? ignorance of Louisiana Real Estate Law by SunTrust Mortgage underwriters disagreeing with my Title company. Oh yes! files to BBB, and letters to people to help with my Pain
Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 13k+ votes
11y
I played the guitar and played with my dog.
@Ben Leybovich you did earn money today. You eared 1/31 of a months rent from all your tenants. Not bad considering you spent the day making a broth out of babies and Epsom salts.
Rental Property Investor · Scottsdale, AZ · Member since 2010 · 390 posts · 599 votes
11y
@Ben Leybovich well since you said I'm the only schmuck left that buys homes with 25% down, you guessed it, I'm feverously searching for homes to buy with 25% down:) In all seriousness ... working hard to get some units in my 56 unit fully furnished for superbowl vacation rentals. VRBO rented very quickly at a very high rate which will eat all my loss to lease and vacancy for January. Quickly rented out nearly the entire spring and now looking to get another 1-2 units furnished and rented.
@Brandon Turner take note. You were asking about vacation rentals. I finally took the plunge and think I've stumbled onto something big. The high revenue of short term rentals in a multifamily complex can add some serious value to a complex. We shall see how that goes. Fingers crossed I don't get bad reviews with my first couple visitors. Was hoping for a Packers Patriots Super Bowl as those are the fans that travel but should be fine w Seattle New England. Might have as many as 3 vacation rentals for Super Bowl weekend.
Working to close an acquisition line of credit with Colony Finance to fund my 2015 SFR purchases. I have a year to deploy the capital, question is will there be enough deals? Looking at 1% deals in Arizona, newer construction over $1k gross rent and acquisition prices around $100k. Far cry from what I'm used to buying but hoping to buy with a minimum 25% front end equity. Sell at retail after a lease term or two and keep the best ones. Got my chips on metro PHX continuing to grow population long term.
Finally negotiating with an internet provider on a tower lease. I purchased a mobile home on an acre across the street from my 12 plex. Found out about the auction last minute and bid/won site unseen. Went to visit the property for the first time last week and found out it had a large wireless internet tower owned by a large operator. Found out that specific tower provides internet to over 200 homes and its the only game in town for that rural area. I'm hoping for a nice revenue share which will at least double the gross income on an otherwise average deal. $40k for the mobile and land, $750 rent, $10k rehab.
Last but not least checking the forums to find out I've been called out for being the only Schmuck on BP buying homes with a downpayment. Oh well ... got to stay relevant somehow. How about 50% off Cash Flow Freedom University?
Real Estate Broker · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
11y
Slept in late thanks to my wonderful husband. He spent the morning taking care of the kids. Cleaned the house and had a short play date with a neighbor. Took down the Christmas tree and went on a family walk at a nearby lake. Work-wise, I answered some emails, texts and phone calls. I did some research for comps and potential buy and holds for clients. It was a light day. I started listening to a new audio book - Miracle Morning for Real Estate Agents.
new orleans, LA · Member since 2014 · 8 posts · 4 votes
11y
Today I spent about two hours networking on BP with investors in and around my local market. By doing so I was able to pick up to properties that I'm sure I will be able to wholesale quite easily. So today was a good day. Also I upgraded my account from basic to plus and it paid off already!
Real Estate Broker · Chicago, IL · Member since 2013 · 6k+ posts · 5k+ votes
11y
Hammered out the details on a 3 unit and a 4 unit I offered on yesterday, went under contract for a 6 unit I offered on Friday. Did some accounting, had some friends over to watch the Packers lose it bad to the Seahawks and then watched the Patriots kill it.
Tomorrow I am seeing a few properties with clients (from my Chicago brokerage) then setting up inspections for the new properties, finishing up this weeks accounting, preparing for our Chicago meetup Tuesday, and prepping for my week out of town
Arcata, CA · Member since 2015 · 14 posts · 9 votes
11y
Rode my bicycle around my target market (cycling for dollars?) looking for potential investment opportunities while listening to BP podcasts. Nerded out on Excel building spreadsheets to compare investment properties. How does the saying go, if you find work you love, it wont feel like work. Now if I could only start making money doing this!