What Did You Do Today?

What Did You Do Today?

Rental Property Investor · Phoenix/Lima, Arizona/OH · Member since 2012 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes

If I were to guess, here's what my friends did today:

@Serge S. spend today thinking hard about the next $500,000

@Brian Burke took his wife in his plane to Malibu, or something, and spent money he has

@Brandon Turner took his wife to Hawaii and spent money he does not have! :)

Me - I helped my wife...here's how it went:

  • went and picked up raw milk from the farm - do it every week
  • went and picked up fresh eggs from another farm
  • bathed both children in epsom salt baths
  • made a broth - that's hugely difficult actually
  • and in between all that, I published a post on justaskbenwhy, and submitted a killer post to BP for upcoming Tuesday - you guys should totally not miss this one!

I made no money today.  But, on the bright side, every one of my tenants is paid up for the month, and that'll work...

What did you do today?

6Reply
142 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · West Bend, WI · Member since 2014 · 214 posts · 149 votes
11y

I got an accepted offer on my first rental property!

See this reply in the discussion

76 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Brian BurkePro Member
    Investor · Santa Rosa, CA · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    11y
  • Real Estate Investor · Shawnee, KS · Member since 2014 · 5 posts · 3 votes
    11y

    @Ben Leybovich 

    Apparently today I DIDN'T learn how to use the @ function on the first try.

    I did, however...

    -- Form and file my first LLC with the state with which to protect my business assets

    -- Attend an awesome church service with my amazing wife

    -- Coordinate with my realtor and mortgage lender regarding a deal we have under contract

    -- Establish which insurance company I will use for this deal

    -- Establish which local bank will be most advantageous to handle my business finances, and I will be going Tuesday afternoon to open my business accounts

    -- Finally decide which online payment processor to use with the LLC

    Not bad for an average, lazy Sunday. 

  • Scottsdale, AZ · Member since 2014 · 659 posts · 536 votes
    11y

    Played a round of golf in 70 degree weather, went for a short run and workout at the gym.

  • Rental Property Investor · NC · Member since 2014 · 132 posts · 40 votes
    11y

    Read "The richest man in Babylon", which was very insightful. (Which reminded me of Brandon Turner esp Good Luck part of the story) One of my NYR is to read 100 books by end of this year... so 96 more books to go. 

    Dropped off my wife at work then listened to podcast 105, which was hilarious.

    Also I have been browsing through ugly houses..... a lot of them...

  • Residential Real Estate Agent · Groveland, FL · Member since 2012 · 504 posts · 395 votes
    11y

    Bought one nice SFR in Central Florida, for $16,500. Deliberating another in Central Florida, at $4,885. Seller has agreed-I'm thinking about it. It's a rundown older frame house, smack in a very nice neighborhood.

    Committed to buy one in Tampa at $6,500. Must do paperwork.

    Started one of my VA's, from Philippines, on a new project.

    Checked on my painting job in Eustis, Florida. Planning to place it for sale next week.

    Contracted to paint my "Pretty House" near St Augustine, starting Thursday. Plan to place it for sale next weekend.

    Watched "To Kill a Mockingbird."

    Watched Season 3, episode 3 Jeeves and Wooster

    Will read another chapter of "The Impossible State" , about North Korea, before bedtime.

  • Queen Creek, AZ · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    Talked with my partner about various ways to hit our goals for 2015, we have 6 investments and want to get to 12 by the end of the year.  We are getting more creative about looking for ways to hit our goals with less invested AND less debt.  If we can get decent turn times on our investments we might even be able to beat our goal.

    Also wrote up a proposal to sell one of our rental properties to a current tenant, should be a win / win so hopefully they will see the benefit.

  • Investor · Arlington, VA · Member since 2012 · 1k+ posts · 491 votes
    11y

    Today I received the first check from a 4 plex I bought in St. Louis! 

    Other than that, it was another typical day at the office (deployed to Al Udeid)

    1) Devoured vast amounts of BP knowledge while pretending to work :)

    2) Searched for potential properties thru MLS, Homepath, & HUD still trying to determine actual ARV for my market

    3) Working on my website

    4) Finishing the establishment of my first syndication group in ATL

  • Crystal SmithPro Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Broker · Chicago, IL · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    No Real Estate today.  Recovered from ski trip while watching football.

  • Investor · Yokosuka, Japan · Member since 2014 · 631 posts · 184 votes
    11y

    @Tom Keith Congratulations! Hope it sell soon and for a nice profit.

  • Investor · Yokosuka, Japan · Member since 2014 · 631 posts · 184 votes
    11y

    @Frankie Woods Congratulations on your first check!

  • Roy N.Pro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Fredericton, New Brunswick · Member since 2013 · 7k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    11y

    Spent the day playing Lego with my son - he was building an apartment complex ;-)  

    Turns out he's a vertically integrated developer, we had to build our own Lego work crew, trucks, and crane before we could start the building. :-)

  • Colleen F.Pro Member
    Investor · Narragansett, RI · Member since 2013 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    11y

    I so like this thread. Spent Sunday researching the area for a possible  Florida property. Took a few google earth walks around to see some green while watching the rain here. Played a game with my "kids". Sent my husband to MN and then shut off the Christmas lights. The neighbors across the pond hopefully don't miss them  (maybe my husband won't either when he comes back).   He so likes Christmas lights.

  • Rental Property Investor · Phoenix/Lima, Arizona/OH · Member since 2012 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    11y

    @Jeff G. - Congratulations to you!  Doubtful you'll see as much CF as you think, but you should do well enough.  Congrats!

  • Rental Property Investor · Phoenix/Lima, Arizona/OH · Member since 2012 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    11y

    @Account Closed - ouch :(

  • Rental Property Investor · Phoenix/Lima, Arizona/OH · Member since 2012 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    11y

    @Tom Keith - Congratulations!

  • Rental Property Investor · Phoenix/Lima, Arizona/OH · Member since 2012 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    11y

    @Brian G. - we pay people to do that kinda work.  What's wrong with you?

  • Rental Property Investor · Phoenix/Lima, Arizona/OH · Member since 2012 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    11y

    @Ned Carey - hahaha.  Broth out of babies and Epsom...nice!

    I didn't know you play the guitar.  How long have you been at it, Ned?

  • Rental Property Investor · Phoenix/Lima, Arizona/OH · Member since 2012 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    11y

    @Serge S. - Brandon can't hear you.  As I mentioned in my post, he is in Hawaii - he may not have any money, but he's also got no kids...  Serge - what happened to those days when you and I could just get up and Go...?!

    And, by the way, I forgot to mention in my original post - I didn't exactly do nothing.  I am re-vamping the CFFU, and I did do a little thinking on that yesterday. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Phoenix/Lima, Arizona/OH · Member since 2012 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    11y

    @Brie Schmidt - you work too damn hard, I tell you :)

  • Rental Property Investor · Phoenix/Lima, Arizona/OH · Member since 2012 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    11y

    @Kevin C. - broth is freaking hard to do right.  It should come out almost like jello - that's the stuff that'll heal the sick!  Good broth is tricky...

  • Rental Property Investor · Phoenix/Lima, Arizona/OH · Member since 2012 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    11y

    @Steve Olafson - I hate you!  I need to get out of freaking Ohio.  AZ is great - was just there with @Serge S. .  Boys, find me a deal out there and give me a reason...couple of hundred units and I'll get a place there.

  • Brie SchmidtBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Broker · Chicago, IL · Member since 2013 · 6k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    11y

    @Ben Leybovich - I was just telling a friend I work way more than when I had a job.  But I love it so it is not really work....  We are just trying to pull off our biggest purchase yet which will reach our goal and allow my husband to leave his job, so it is all hands on deck for the next 6 weeks to pull this off.  

  • Aaron T.Pro Member
    Developer · Aguada, PR · Member since 2014 · 927 posts · 279 votes
    11y

    while on top of the ski lift, took a call that may lead to a good sum of private investor money. 

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Rochester, NY · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    I don't work on Sundays.  :)  

    Went to church.  Watched football--still stunned that Greenbay snatched defeat out of the jaws of victory.  Awesome to see the Patriots crush the colts.  Patriots all the way, baby!

    Today I am listing a flip.

  • Investor · Richland, WA · Member since 2014 · 71 posts · 29 votes
    11y

    @Ben Leybovich I was just thinking of starting a post like this this morning, but come to find you beat me to it by a WHOLE DAY...man I got some work to do. Something about an early bird and all that...

    I had a great full weekend, starting with watching my local hockey team work over our rivals on Friday night. I spent Saturday morning driving (while listening to BP podcasts) the neighborhood that our city officials in Richland, WA and my partner want to invest in, making notes of which blocks are worth having rentals in and which blocks are only worth knocking down and rebuilding. The rest of the day was spent on trimming out the electrical in a newly rehabbed unit, while listening to Bigger Pockets podcasts.

    Sunday I spent working with my Jr. High class at church and then sitting down to watch the improbable comeback win of the Seahawks, including the fireworks show coming from a bunch of excited neighbors. I am still wearing my #25 jersey today, just to rub it in the face of all my cheese head friends. After the game I worked more on trimming electrical, did some budgeting, had some conversations with possible partners and ended the day eating and drinking beer/wine with my wife and our church small group. Perfect weekend.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.