Sacramento area

8 Replies

Hello everyone, i am new to the website.

Is there a book on real estate investing that anyone would recommend for a newbie like myself?

the bigger pockets 

The book on flipping houses by j Scott

And the book on estimating rehab cost

And the beginner guide

@Jared Samsel

Were you able to locate the books that Brad recommended? I believe the beginner book he's referring to is the free ebook that's available to all BP members, The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing (or something similar). If you haven't found it yet, look at the menu bar at the top of this window and click on Resources then click on "REI Resources". The first link will be that book. Plus there's many other ebooks there on more specific topics.

Besides reading, what also worked for me was to take a class. And not the multi-thousand dollar mastery classes you hear about on the radio and tv but a real estate principles class at a local junior college.  It cost me $130 or so and was taught by a real estate agent/investor who'd been in the field for over 30 years. The class is intended for those who want to become agents but the knowledge is really helpful for anyone who is serious about making a living at real estate.

By the way, I found your post because I am searching for Sacramento area investors.  I used to live in Sac (Rancho Cordova area) and live in Los Angeles now but am looking at the Sacramento area for investing.

Good luck and feel free to contact me if you have any questions. I still consider myself a newbie as well but will be happy to share what I've learned.

Blane

Hi @Derek Jones , I'm putting together a list of potential investors and partners who would be interested in picking up wholesale and purchase deals ranging from extensive rehab to turnkey in Sacto. If I find a good deal and can't close it myself, I'd like a ready list to contact.  So anyone that is interested in Sacramento, please get in touch with me. 

Thanks Blane

Marshall and Swift is a great cost estimate book as well!
Blane I am always looking for a good deal!

This post has been removed.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you