Podcast 109 asset boringggg!

14 Replies

So I prejudged this topic as the title suggests... and put off listening to it until today. Boy was i wrong!? I Could listen to a series about this in more depth! Plus 5 Gold stars to Scott Smith and @Joshua Dorkin  . Minus 2 gold stars for Brandon hijacking the show for personal gain! HAHA

Very good and informative show!!

Yeah, this was anything but boring. There was some incredibly valuable information in this podcast. I highly recommend everyone listen to it. I know That I'll be listening to it several times with a notepad. 

I definitely had some lightbulbs going off while I was listening. And @Carl Carlson  , you just inspired another lightbulb. I have never used a notepad when listening to podcast, but that is brilliant! 

What is Scott Smith's email?  I thought I had it and it bounced back. ;(  Excellent show and we are in Texas, so I intend to use his services!

(832) 305-6683

This was an amazing podcast and fixed a lot fears that I have heard from others!

317-514-9321

Kind of late to the game but I just listened to this podcast and was wondering if someone could clear something up for me.

Around the 54 minute mark, the topic of multi-member LLC taxation comes up. I had always thought that even multi-member LLCs are pass through entities and no taxes are levied at the LLC level even though you do have to file form 1065 to report earnings. Is the podcast just referring to annual fees/taxes associated with the existence of the LLC itself or is there some tax levied on income at the LLC level as well?

I just listened to this show (twice actually). If there could be a pt 2 I would love to hear it. Scott sounds like he knows his stuff! 

Well done @Joshua Dorkin @Brandon Turner Scott Smith!

Thank you for the free info on these amazing podcasts and Bigger Pockets forum!

I have an LLC where I am the only member. I just submitted and offer to a homeowner with the LLC as the buyer. Is this going to offer me any protection while I hold, rehab, and sell the property, or will the insurance the LLC carries on the property be the deciding factor.

Note. I have no personal assets, and the LLC currently does not have any bank accounts or asset.

Rich Hupper, Real Estate Agent in MA (#9550548)
(978) 364-0240

I heard so many times about the 109... where can I listen to it ?
Sorry, I am new here,

Looking to see what is the best assets protection for landlords

Thanks !

You can listen to the show at biggerpockets.com/show109 as well as the mobile podcast app.

It has a lot of great information in it. Very informative and one you'll want to listen to more than once.

Thank you! I found it ! :)

I was listening to a podcast about asset protection, LLC', law suites, etc. when I pulled up to a property I was showing. One of the people that met me there to see the house was 70ish year old guy who promptly tripped and stumbled/fell ten feet before landing in a pile of snow. It was like a slap stick surreal experience. What are the odds? He as OK but it made the term "asset protection" real in a hurry. Glad it had snowed so much and I had the driveway cleared or he wouldn't have had such a soft landing.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.