Great Falls, Montana Meet-up

3 Replies

Small corner of the world but we had a little meet-up last month and it went well. @Peter Dascoulias II @MARK MONTANO and I had a good time discussing the local market and out strategies. Others had expressed interest so with earlier notice I'm hoping we can continue these every second Tuesday of the month. If any one is in the Great Falls area we will be getting together and the Tap House at 1800 this coming Tuesday.  Just let me know.

@Peter Dascoulias II

@Mark Caiazza

@MARK MONTANO

@Amanda Bray

@John Payne

@John Monroe

@Melody McLaughlin

@David Schulwitz

The Great Falls, Montana BP meet-up was the best to date! 5 people this time so I'm starting to see the formation of a core group. We managed to crash the landlord association meeting which was neat and a good opportunity for networking. I plan to go to a lot more. You can definitely tell the difference between the younger demographic of our crowd and the average investor here. We chatted 'till after 11PM and I had a blast. It's always motivating to meet and speak to other people who are smart and passionate about REI. I think we're still in meet and greet phase but as we do more of these I think we can start discussing more details, specific prospects etc. Hope you all keep going out, more join, and perhaps we can tap into other investors outside of the BP community as time goes on.

I plan on going to more, that's for sure.  Honestly, the guest speaker was good, but I feel I got more out of our after-meeting chat than I did out of the whole investor meeting.  My idea, we continue to meet even when the old folks are taking the summer off.  This way we can get in more information sharing among ourselves and build our group a little stronger in the process.  For those of us who are still green and wet behind the ears - or perhaps completely squishy - having these meetings may do more than sitting in on a meeting where no new information is shared for those starting out.   Had a blast.  And thanks George and Peter for pushing to get this going.

I had a great time as well. @Amanda Bray you are right. Keeping our meeting going during the summer is the right way to go about it. I hope we can quickly move the group out of the meet'n'greet phase and into the action phase! There is a lot of room for improvement in the Great Falls rental market, and I want to do my part!

Thanks for the great time Guys!

JD

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here