How are YOU finding deals?

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Broker · Naples, FL · Member since 2013 · 9k+ posts · 6k+ votes
11y

The last one...Craigslist-advertised as under market..and it was

One before that: Craigslist-owner found me and wanted out fast

One before that: Craigslist-distressed owner found me

One before that: HUD property

One before that: MLS listed property

Working on one that I may lock up this week: if it works out...Craigslist

Now you know why I encourage people to use CL:)

See this reply in the discussion

120 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Financial Advisor · Glendora, CA · Member since 2015 · 209 posts · 94 votes
    11y

    two by marriage, moved out of houses owned by each one of us individually and moved into a third primary.  4th and 5th property using a TK in Texas.  All buy and holds.

    Yooch

  • Real Estate Agent · Huntsville, AL · Member since 2015 · 60 posts · 17 votes
    11y

    Last 2 off of a online auction site.. $101K combined equity! 

  • Rental Property Investor · St Joseph, MI · Member since 2015 · 302 posts · 106 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Yoochul C.:
     4th and 5th property using a TK in Texas.  

     Newb here. What is TK?

  • Financial Advisor · Glendora, CA · Member since 2015 · 209 posts · 94 votes
    11y

    turnkey provider

  • Investor · Miami, FL · Member since 2013 · 807 posts · 475 votes
    11y
    All MLS and driving for dollars
  • Mindy JensenPro Member
    BiggerPockets Money Podcast Host · Longmont, CO · Member since 2014 · 7k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    11y

    Two MLS, then a random auction I happened upon, then two more MLS.

    But... my next deal may very well be the result of Driving for Dollars and a yellow letter sent to the owner. Actually, that may be the next 3 deals... Plus one from a friend who doesn't want to deal with MLS traffic.

  • Certified Public Accountant · Chattanooga, TN · Member since 2008 · 279 posts · 151 votes
    11y

    1. Local bank i work with called me and needed to get rid of an OREO.

    2. Motivated Seller - Source: My website (Google Ad)

    3 -5 . Foreclosures thru Fannie and Freddie.

  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Sacramento, CA · Member since 2010 · 16 posts · 18 votes
    11y

    2 directly from home owners - one referred by friend, the other tracked down an absentee owner.

    2 from trustee sale

    1 MLS

    And a side note, the most profitable were the 2 from home owners and the least profitable was the MLS.

  • Developer · Torrance, CA · Member since 2013 · 59 posts · 51 votes
    11y

    The last 4 transactions have been through brokers that we have worked with for 8+ years in the LA area. All pocket listings. The 5th one was a referral from my attorney. 

  • Stevenson Ranch, CA · Member since 2015 · 25 posts · 8 votes
    11y

    MLS and Agents..

  • Memphis, TN · Member since 2013 · 969 posts · 524 votes
    11y

    MLS

    Wholesalers

    Very GOOD RE AGENTS!!

    Investors that don't want to be landlords anymore

  • Real Estate Broker · Naples, FL · Member since 2013 · 9k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    11y

    The last one...Craigslist-advertised as under market..and it was

    One before that: Craigslist-owner found me and wanted out fast

    One before that: Craigslist-distressed owner found me

    One before that: HUD property

    One before that: MLS listed property

    Working on one that I may lock up this week: if it works out...Craigslist

    Now you know why I encourage people to use CL:)

  • Investor · Riverside, CA · Member since 2014 · 351 posts · 220 votes
    11y

    2 from agent

    3 from owners

    I have a team of bird dogs and call 10 agents per day looking for the great white whale ..... I mean deal.

    I have been working on getting a vurtual assistant to provide my team with hand picked "Glenn Gary" type leads to get the team out working and fill in the rest with our regular lead source.  Our company believes that activity breads activity.

  • Omaha, NE · Member since 2014 · 42 posts · 30 votes
    11y

    4 have been through a wholesaler and the last one through a referral from an attorney.

  • Rental Property Investor · Mesa, AZ · Member since 2013 · 9 posts · 4 votes
    11y
    All direct mail.
  • Greg H.Pro Member
    Moderator
    Broker/Flipper · Austin, TX · Member since 2013 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    11y

    3 Hud homes- flips

    1 CL Ad- 3 bed for 15k rented day 1 for $600

    1 MLS(I am a broker so received comm) 3 bed/2bath rented for $695 day 1

    Rentals are not really my focus but you have to take what the market gives you

  • Real Estate Broker · Fairfield, CT · Member since 2015 · 312 posts · 231 votes
    11y

    1 from Wholesaler

    1 from HUD auction

    3 MLS

    2 more MLS closing this month

  • Investor · North Kingstown, RI · Member since 2015 · 13 posts · 2 votes
    11y

    Brand new here, but my first was MLS. I am a real estate agent so I checked daily, bought it day 1 on market.

  • Property Manager · Livonia, MI · Member since 2011 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    18 of our 20 are mls

  • Investor · Vincennes, IN · Member since 2014 · 30 posts · 11 votes
    11y

    I watched a duplex sit on the market for nearly a year. Then after doing the numbers, and getting through the negotiation. At the closing table the seller offered to sell 4 more properties all on seller financing.

  • Investor · Elizabeth, NJ · Member since 2015 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    11y
    I have a question for the Realtors: Is it better to be a Real Estate Agent? In other words every time I tell a Realtor that we are investors I don't hear from them again. We are new in the business and is getting hard for us to find a property?
  • Investor/Realtor · Wentzville, MO · Member since 2014 · 846 posts · 431 votes
    11y

    Last 5 deals have all came from our direct mail campaign.

    4 wholesales closed and one flip under construction.

  • Chicago, IL · Member since 2015 · 1 post · 2 votes
    11y

    Direct mail to private homeowners 

  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Lakeland, FL · Member since 2015 · 90 posts · 49 votes
    11y
    I got my last 5 deals through bird dogs. I have several people that bring deals to me and I engineer the best win / win deal to make it happen.
  • Real Estate Agent · Victoria, MN · Member since 2013 · 56 posts · 29 votes
    11y
    MLS, yes you can find good deals still
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.