How are YOU finding deals?

120 Replies

Think of your last 5 real estate deals... then let us know: How did you find them? 

Go! 

(I'll start: The past 5, all buy and holds, have all been MLS)

two by marriage, moved out of houses owned by each one of us individually and moved into a third primary.  4th and 5th property using a TK in Texas.  All buy and holds.

Yooch

Last 2 off of a online auction site.. $101K combined equity! 

Originally posted by @Yoochul C. :
 4th and 5th property using a TK in Texas.  

Newb here. What is TK?

turnkey provider

All MLS and driving for dollars

Two MLS, then a random auction I happened upon, then two more MLS.

But... my next deal may very well be the result of Driving for Dollars and a yellow letter sent to the owner. Actually, that may be the next 3 deals... Plus one from a friend who doesn't want to deal with MLS traffic.

1. Local bank i work with called me and needed to get rid of an OREO.

2. Motivated Seller - Source: My website (Google Ad)

3 -5 . Foreclosures thru Fannie and Freddie.

2 directly from home owners - one referred by friend, the other tracked down an absentee owner.

2 from trustee sale

1 MLS

And a side note, the most profitable were the 2 from home owners and the least profitable was the MLS.

The last 4 transactions have been through brokers that we have worked with for 8+ years in the LA area. All pocket listings. The 5th one was a referral from my attorney. 

MLS and Agents..

MLS

Wholesalers

Very GOOD RE AGENTS!!

Investors that don't want to be landlords anymore

The last one...Craigslist-advertised as under market..and it was

One before that: Craigslist-owner found me and wanted out fast

One before that: Craigslist-distressed owner found me

One before that: HUD property

One before that: MLS listed property

Working on one that I may lock up this week: if it works out...Craigslist

Now you know why I encourage people to use CL:)

2 from agent

3 from owners

I have a team of bird dogs and call 10 agents per day looking for the great white whale ..... I mean deal.

I have been working on getting a vurtual assistant to provide my team with hand picked "Glenn Gary" type leads to get the team out working and fill in the rest with our regular lead source.  Our company believes that activity breads activity.

4 have been through a wholesaler and the last one through a referral from an attorney.

3 Hud homes- flips

1 CL Ad- 3 bed for 15k rented day 1 for $600

1 MLS(I am a broker so received comm) 3 bed/2bath rented for $695 day 1

Rentals are not really my focus but you have to take what the market gives you

1 from Wholesaler

1 from HUD auction

3 MLS

2 more MLS closing this month

Brand new here, but my first was MLS. I am a real estate agent so I checked daily, bought it day 1 on market.

18 of our 20 are mls

I watched a duplex sit on the market for nearly a year. Then after doing the numbers, and getting through the negotiation. At the closing table the seller offered to sell 4 more properties all on seller financing.

I have a question for the Realtors: Is it better to be a Real Estate Agent? In other words every time I tell a Realtor that we are investors I don't hear from them again. We are new in the business and is getting hard for us to find a property?

Last 5 deals have all came from our direct mail campaign.

4 wholesales closed and one flip under construction.

Direct mail to private homeowners 

I got my last 5 deals through bird dogs. I have several people that bring deals to me and I engineer the best win / win deal to make it happen.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here