How are YOU finding deals?

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Broker · Naples, FL · Member since 2013 · 9k+ posts · 6k+ votes
11y

The last one...Craigslist-advertised as under market..and it was

One before that: Craigslist-owner found me and wanted out fast

One before that: Craigslist-distressed owner found me

One before that: HUD property

One before that: MLS listed property

Working on one that I may lock up this week: if it works out...Craigslist

Now you know why I encourage people to use CL:)

See this reply in the discussion

120 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Mechanicsburg, PA · Member since 2014 · 529 posts · 217 votes
    11y
    1) mls 2) Freddie foreclosure 3) estate auction 4) poa of a lady who went into a nursing home 5) estate auction
  • Investor · Duncanville, TX · Member since 2015 · 5 posts · 0 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Eric Smith:

    4 have been through a wholesaler and the last one through a referral from an attorney.

     Eric what part of Texas are you in?? I need a GOOD SOLID buyer - I'm  in DALLAS Texas 

  • Investor · Duncanville, TX · Member since 2015 · 5 posts · 0 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Scott Beck:

    Three through MLS and two through REIA connections.

     Scott are you a BUYER?? 

    I need a GOOD SOLID buyer in DALLAS Texas

  • Investor · NJ · Member since 2013 · 24 posts · 1 vote
    11y

    Most of my leads come thru agents but my deals just come from giving offers that I think the house is worth. I gave an offer of 170k a few weeks ago on a bank owned property listed for 225K and it got accepted! 

  • Brie SchmidtBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Broker · Chicago, IL · Member since 2013 · 6k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    11y

    1 and 2 = MLS

    3 =  Direct Mail (thanks @Jerry Puckett )

    4 and 5 = off market from a seller I have bought from before

  • Engineer · Oklahoma City, OK · Member since 2013 · 144 posts · 44 votes
    11y

    Driving for Dollars

  • Wolcott, CT · Member since 2013 · 139 posts · 49 votes
    11y

    1) MLS

    2) Wholesaler

    3) Direct Mail

    4) Direct Mail

    5) Wholesaler

  • Investor · Canada · Member since 2012 · 19 posts · 0 votes
    11y
    Thanks Joe,
    That what I thought.


    Originally posted by @Joe Fairless:
    Originally posted by @Charline R.:

    Hi There, Great thread!

    How do I get on to MLS? Every time I search there I get a "foreclosure fortunes" site!

     Thanks for any help.

    Charline

     You've got to be an agent in most cities. However, in some, it's publicly available 

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Rochester, NY · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    1. MLS (flip)

    2. Direct marketing (flip)

    3. Wholesaler (buy and hold)

    4. Wholesaler (buy and hold that turned into a flip)

    5. Online lead (lfipped to a  fellow investor)

    Also have a MLS and direct marketing deal coming up.

  • Rental Property Investor · Knoxville, TN · Member since 2011 · 701 posts · 531 votes
    11y

    Starting from most recent:

    1: agent found off-market property through their network

    2: different agent locked down foreclosure before it hit market, wholesaled to me

    3: wholesaler found a FSBO

    4: purchased a package of 4 houses from an estate 

  • Visalia-Fresno, CA · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 863 votes
    11y

    A deal I have in escrow... I found from driving around, saw a nasty tenant house, looked up the owner and left messages on the phone #'s that looked to be tied to the owner.  Two weeks later I got a call back from a elderly lady in a convalescence home that was related to the owner.  That old lady gave her daughter in law, which was the owner, my # and we met and worked out a deal.  

    We are fishermen/women fishing everyday.  Put a bunch poles in the water.


    Frank

  • Investor · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2015 · 22 posts · 3 votes
    11y

    Focus on a particular neighborhood that is safe and appealing both for renting out and selling. Wait patiently until a well priced turnkey property appears on the MLS.

  • Investor · Asheville, NC · Member since 2011 · 833 posts · 499 votes
    11y

    Great thread @Brandon Turner !

    3 off the MLS

    One DFD/Direct Mail

    One from a bank referral

    One FSBO

  • New York City, NY · Member since 2015 · 46 posts · 15 votes
    11y

    Again, fantastic stuff @Brandon Turner- thanks.  Looking for my first....

  • Investor · PA · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 602 votes
    11y

    13 from realtor.com and 1 from craigslist

  • Real Estate Agent · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2013 · 44 posts · 4 votes
    11y

    Investor Networking Event

    Co Workers  and  Real Estate Agents

  • Jersey City, NJ · Member since 2015 · 280 posts · 98 votes
    11y

    Least recent to most recent:

    1) Zillow (can you imagine?)

    2) MLS

    3) Same agent from #2 

    4) Friend (also in Real Estate) passed it over, which is from wholesaler

    5) An agent who I met before, but then sealed a deal during a Happy Hour =)

  • Investor · Burnaby, British Columbia · Member since 2015 · 12 posts · 1 vote
    11y

    I wish I had 5 deals! Still trying to hustle for my first

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.