Driving for Dollars

3 Replies

Did driving for dollars for vacant properties.

Did research and go the addresses off assessor websites and used Zabasearch.com, 411.com etc. to find the phone #'s and called all of them. It turns out none of the phone #'s are active and all of them are disconnected. Preferred not to send out yellow letters as all of them are vacant and waste of time and money. As there is a law that the post office will not give forwardable addresses if requested on the envelope.

Not sure what to do next? Please only those that have done and have success with finding vacant owners please respond kindly. Much appreciated....thanks.

Driving for dollars. Find vacant houses.
Go to tax assessors website. It's by county so In Houston it is Harris County Appraisal District (HCAD.org)
Input the address in the search box. 
It should come back with the owners name, address you are searching and mailing address.
The mailing address is usually their current address, not the house that is vacant. 
Send yellow letter to mailing address. 

Does this help?

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

  • Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you