• Investor
  • Houston, TX
Votes |
Sell or Rent my current home??

Cody Purtle
  • Investor
  • Houston, TX
Posted Jan 21 2016, 14:15

So I'm seeking advice on a current situation that I'm in and would appreciate any feedback. Currently the economy over here is going down due to the low oil prices in my area I got laid off from my job and considering a move out of state. My home that I live in is only 1.5 years old  and I've already built some equity in it. I bought it for 192,000 and a same home in my neighborhood sold for 218,000 last month. Problem is my house has been listed for almost 3 months now and hasn't had any bites just a few showings and I'm sure it's because the economy is going down here. I'm starting to consider instead of selling the home since I'm not in need of the money to just putting it up for rent. The only thing I'm worried about with that is how long it might take to rent out my home. It's a 4/2 and I've done some research and found that I could get somewhere around 1500$ a month rent and with that I'm worried on how long it may take to find a tenant. I'm just seeking any advice to help me decide what I should do. Thanks

Loading replies...